Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My package is on vacation. >

My package is on vacation.

My package is on vacation.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:45 PM

I often have packages that go to Ontario, California instead of my city in Ontario, Canada.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:31 PM

My neighbor & I are always swapping our mail I live on S. Creek Dr & she lives on the next lock over N. Creek Dr. we have the same house numbers. So we know when we had a new postman that day. But I have to give kudo's to our regular mailman, if the package is too big for the box he brings it to the door & rings the mail where as the old mailman would spend the time to write out a package delivery notice for me to go to post office to pick it up! Seriously it would have been faster to walk it to my door.
Jeri
Old 09-14-2014, 08:17 PM

Smile

Can't put Flat Stanley with the package. Flat Stanley is at an Indian Pow Wow with my granddaughter.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:48 AM

Having worked at my local Post Office for five years, it is amazing that as much mail makes it to its destination as it does. I once received an envelope that had so much writing on the outside that I could hardly find the city, state and
the zip code was unreadable.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:29 AM

RULES DESIGNED TO LINE SOMEONE'S POCKET!! And take it out of ours.

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
You think that's bad, you should see where most the produce goes before it gets to your stores, even if it is grown in the same state.
I am not sure if it is still true, but not too long ago if you flew over Texas air space you had to land in one of the Texas airports and pay their state fees.
Some rules in the transportation laws are just weird.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

I have had so much trouble with the postal system. I have on a number of occasions not even got my package or have had family not get packages I have sent them. It is so frustrating to me. It has taken as long as 8 days to get a letter from Buffalo NY. Now you know that is ridiculous. No wonder the post office is in trouble.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
On vacation and taking the scenic route. Hope it gets homesick soon.
Sounds like the shipper didn't remove old label before putting new shipping label so whichever side came up, that's where it was sent. That happens more than you would think.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 AM

that is how they justify charging us so much for postage anymore. And I sent my grandson his birthday present and some little things for his sister, then I sent a few little things in a separate box to my daughter for my other granddaughter, they live approx. 15 miles apart. The post office sent them both out on same day, my daughter got hers in a week, my son never got theirs. I contacted post office, my daughter in law had mailed them for me and she saved the receipts with tracking for a week and just thought they got them and threw them away. So all in all, another 2 weeks and nothing. Then one day, I get a letter in mail from post office with all the to and from address labels from the box, the postage from the box, and the tracking number cut off and a letter saying they were sorry but the box got destroyed. OK, so where is the stuff, couldn't they shove it in a box and send it along it's way? NOPE, I am just OUT all that stuff, all the money it cost me to ship, etc. and the presents GONE. No service anymore. they wanted me to list everything and send it back to them and they would try to find it. NOTHING not one word after that. Still fuming over it cause I don't have much money in the first place and then all the kids stuff just gone. I wonder if some little kid somewhere is playing with my grandson's birthday presents. Sorry, I am just a little bitter over it. LOLLOL
Old 09-15-2014, 07:36 AM

sometimes pony express would be faster
Old 09-15-2014, 07:55 AM

Update on my package - I guess it was homesick and decided to fly back to California - right now its residing in Sacramento - so I imagine it will make its way North to its new home soon.