Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My package is on vacation. >

My package is on vacation.

My package is on vacation.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:28 AM

I sent my sis a pkg. in Oregon, and it went to Alaska before she got it, but she finally did get it!!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I guess that explains why they always say they are losing money. What happened to the saying, the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line?
The shortest distant.........I bet if you said that to a math student you would get a deer in the headline look...wasn't that from plane geometry? Do they even teach that anymore? Lived it! Total logic involved in solutions....showing my age again!!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:46 AM

I could mail my next door neighbor a letter and it would go to Fort Worth (30 miles west of me) before it came back to be delivered to her mailbox. That's because all our mail is sorted in Fort Worth; it's apparently the main sorting/distribution center for our region. Most government agencies don't operate efficiently (in my opinion, of course), whether city, county, state, or federal. I worked for a state government and saw it up close and personal.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Prism, what is a flat Stanley?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 AM

This kind of thing happened to me. Paid lots of extra for FedEx Overnight, package coming from Dallas to me in Austin. During Super-Bowl time. It took 5 days to reach me and it's only a 5 hour drive. FedEx did refund the extra overnight charge.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:56 AM

.Although I would love to have my fabric, I am not bothered by this - I am actually amused at how my package just took a little detour for a mini vacation before its final destination. Trust me, it won't see anything else for quite a while when I finally get the package other than me and my sewing machine. I just wish I had mailed myself - so I could go on vacation too. Will check this morning to see where its sightseeing today.

Just checked - the package is still in Nashua, NH - but has departed through the sorting station there - right now - I don't know where the next destination is - I will check back later - maybe I could have my package pick up some fabrics along its route.

Last edited by 0tis; 09-14-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: package location.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:55 AM

Hi everyone on the "Flat Stanley" story. I guess since I was a third grader during the 1940s, that's why I never heard of him. But I can't understand why my kids were not bragging about him in the 70s. Nor, my sister who was a third grade teacher for several years, the 70s included. I'll have to ask them.

I have a reverse story to tell on the USPS from just this past week. I finished a quilt for a friend of mine in Texas,, sent it via the husband to the post office with a note to mail it in one of those boxes that costs so much as long as it will fit in the box.....well, when I was turning my house and sewing room upside down looking for her address, with the husband standing at the door waiting with a big ol' storm cloud for a face, I could not find her address ANYWHERE....I finally thought it is 121 street address, zip code 78646 (same as my grandkids for a small town in Texas--gave him that information, he sent it off. Then, that night as I was falling asleep, I thought, maybe her address is 171. And didn't think anything about the zip code--it is only a small town in Texas who woulda thought, five or six zip codes for one small town. OMG, I went nuts. I called her and told her what happened and she went nuts ("you did WHAT?").

I called that post office and told them what I had done, and they assured me that they would catch it and fix it--and they did, and she got her package RIGHT ON TIME--but she called me back to say that she went down to their mail boxes and waited on their mail carrier to be sure she was going to get it. The lady handed her the package like it happens all the time....

I really am getting to be too old for this kind of aggravation, even though I am the one who did it....

Last edited by oldtnquiltinglady; 09-14-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:14 AM

That doesn't make any sense at all!!
Old 09-14-2014, 11:33 AM

Oh wow! Some well-traveled fabric!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:33 PM

Sounds like the trip my longarm took when I ordered it. All the correct information was on the wooden crate and it went from Texas to Virginia to a dealer there, who really only looked at the color info about the longarm and saw that it was wrong. She left it for a week or so before she really looked at the address it was to be sent to...in Washington state! I guess WA looks like VA, but my zip starts with a 9, I'm certain there is no zip code in Virginia that starts with a 9!! She was only a month late when she finally made it to me...I'm just glad she got here in good health!!!