Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My quilt is TOO SMALL >

My quilt is TOO SMALL

My quilt is TOO SMALL

Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

The real issue is getting everyone's opinion about the size of the quilt, a border too add or not, and how her DH is like so many of our own. If replies were only focused on the main detail of the post the board would be dull indeed.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 AM

I would leave this one as is and make another one for him. If he's like mine, 12 inch squares would work for him!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 AM

Mine is also a cover thief. I put another quilt on my side and use it when the top goes to his side. It seems one quilt is never enough. I have even tried tieing the top sheet to the bed to keep it available for my cold feet. When he rolls up like a hot dog, I just grab the extra covers and he can't get them. Sad but true.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Love this idea... my husband is the same way.. so we each have our own blankets on the Bed... or make a King sized one for a double bed so he will have plenty....
Old 09-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Because the green is darker, it will be a definite final border. The darker color will send the eye back toward the center.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Sorry - I just had to laugh - cover thief - this seems to be a universal problem. My hubby is the biggest cover thief. We have a queen size bed but all our bedding is kingsize in order to counteract the problem.

I hope that you sort the problem out - lovely quilt.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:16 PM

My Hubby is the cover thief here. So this is what I came up with. He has a king size blanket folded in half that he uses. If he gets colder , then he uses a fake fur throw over it. I use a queen size flat sheet and a king size blanket unfolded. Sometimes I am so hot due to our bedroom facing west, it heats up from afternoon sun. We really miss the 3 trunked red cedar that used to block the sun. Hurricane Jeanne took it out. When the room is hot I roll the blanket down to the foot of the bed and use the sheet only. Then when it has cooled down in the room or until I get chilled, then I reach down and grab my blanket. This works for us so we aren't changing it.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:29 PM

Looks like some fabulous colors
Use all the colors for a piano keyboard border after one more large border.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM

I think the HST ricrack look would add a nice touch while adding width. Also the piano key border with all colors in the quilt would be quite striking and fairly easy to do.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie View Post
Im missing something....is the quilt completed? Looks like it's got binding on already....just curious how you would add to something that's already bound and quilted? Thanks it is beautiful!!!
I'm curious as well....how will you do it??? It is gorgeous just as it is - I would opt for making another, and equally gorgeous, quilt for your DH. My experience over the last 35 years is that my husband and I are seldom either both cold or both too hot. So we opt for one communal blanket and then quilts for each of us to use or not.