Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My report on the Gingher Company >

My report on the Gingher Company

My report on the Gingher Company

Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
They had a gigantic sale back in Sept right here in my hometown. I didn't have much money but I did buy a couple things and they were dirt cheap. Hope they have another sale. One of the employees said they either bought Fiskar or Fiskar bought them. I thought that might have been the reason for such a great sale. I really don't know but I'm waiting for another. Can any one tell me how to tell a right handed from a left handed pair of scissors? TY
I sincerely hope that they weren't bought by Fiskar - I love my Gingher products! Nice to hear that they have service to match.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:47 PM

A couple of weeks ago I dropped a small pair of gingher barber scissors that I groom my westies. They fell on the tile floor and one of the handles broke off. This pair of scissors were very old and I could not find another pair like them. So I remembered this thread and I send them $7.50 and the broken scissors. In about a week I received a package from them. It had a new pair of barber scissors and a note that said:

Pease note that we no longer manufacture barber scissors and therefore we are unable to replace your shears with the exact same model.

We have located this replacemant pair from our previous stock, and even though it is slightly larger than your pair, we hope that you will be able to use it.

I think that is wonderful customer service. It made my week and now the westies are looking good!