Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Santa Came At 0700 This Morning

Blog Entries
    He's a keeper - so wonderful of him to do this for you - you can enjoy your Christmas present every day of the year! Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year! Jo

enjoy your shelving and the wonderful guy that gave it to you.. i have one of those and some shelves that are wall length and height.... you are going to love them... but be sure to get a 5step ladder to go with!!!! merry christmas to you both..
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyGee
    My special Santa, also looks just like my wonderful husband, gave me a shelf for my stash. Five wonderful empty shelves, 6 feet high, 36 inches wide and 18 inches deep and I can finally lay out my fabrics and see what I have. He moved two pieces of exercise equipment so I have more room to move around. I am thrilled to say the least, I will be able to lay out the yardage and actually see what I have to work with. Utilitarian yes, romantic - well yes in a major way because he knows how much I wanted to organize my fabric and he gave me the tool to do it with. May your special Santas make your Christmas as happy as mine has done for me. No, he doesn't understand my passion for the fabric; but he is willing to do whatever makes me happy and if that doesn't show love I don't know what does. I love that man! We've been together for 49 years, married for 47 and he is my best friend on top of being the bestest husband ever!!

Blog Entries
    Nice guy. Sounds like he was paying attention to what you needed (and wanted).

I got a Kindle and a cover for it - Hmmmmm - think I'm supposed to give up quilting?

Thank you Santa.

What a heart-warming story. Such a simple, sweet way to show you he loves and respects you! It warmed my heart.

Sounds like a wonderful guy. Merry Christmas to you both.

Blog Entries
    This is such a sweet story. Sometimes we don't appreciate the special people in our lives when they don't do fantastic gifts. Yours is special indeed, he loves you enough to support your passions. Even the smaller gifts, when done with love, mean more than the diamonds,etc.

Merry Christmas and have fun organizing your fabrics. Happiest of New Year to you and your special hubby

What a GREAT story...thank you so much for sharing. It's a very good thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyGee
    My special Santa, also looks just like my wonderful husband, gave me a shelf for my stash. Five wonderful empty shelves, 6 feet high, 36 inches wide and 18 inches deep and I can finally lay out my fabrics and see what I have. He moved two pieces of exercise equipment so I have more room to move around. I am thrilled to say the least, I will be able to lay out the yardage and actually see what I have to work with. Utilitarian yes, romantic - well yes in a major way because he knows how much I wanted to organize my fabric and he gave me the tool to do it with. May your special Santas make your Christmas as happy as mine has done for me. No, he doesn't understand my passion for the fabric; but he is willing to do whatever makes me happy and if that doesn't show love I don't know what does. I love that man! We've been together for 49 years, married for 47 and he is my best friend on top of being the bestest husband ever!!

It sounds as if you have not only bonded with fabric over the years but more importantly, bonded with one generous gentleman who appreciates you and wants to make your life easier. Congratulations on both points.

in hiding !! witness protection program LOL
    Love the special Santa .. he bought me an embroidery machine and helped me set up my sewing room which has been a disaster for a while.. He has been so good to me all year long and now this, guess I will keep him !!
    Congrats on your special santa and his gift no matter what it is or what he has done as long as he is good to you ...

in hiding !! witness protection program LOL
    Love the special Santa .. he bought me an embroidery machine and helped me set up my sewing room which has been a disaster for a while.. He has been so good to me all year long and now this, guess I will keep him !!
    Congrats on your special santa and his gift no matter what it is or what he has done as long as he is good to you ...

a real keeper happy holidays

Blog Entries
    That is what makes our DH so special...when they know those things that matter most and do them for us. Good for you and it is wonderful that you have one that still takes care of the most important person in his life.

I always new Santa was awsome!!! Goodie for the self, I know how that is. It will make things alot better.

Blog Entries
    Aren't they wonderful!! So talented with their hands. My Santa made me a solid oak design wall that raises and lowers like a breeze. Can't wait to start that next quilt.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like one of the best gifts you could get......love. Merry Christmas

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful gift and I think he knows you well. I am anxious to hear about all your wonderful finds when you get it all organized and sorted on the shelves. What a great hubby(Santa)you have.

Oh this is my mostest favorite story ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am convinced my DH is your DH's brother from another mother! Sweet story! :thumbup:

awe he is so sweet!!

Dee
    My DH gave and set up 2 shelves stacking for my fabric. Now I can take the fabric and get it organized. Must have been a shelf year. After 46 years And making me happy in my hobby all these years, I wouldn't change him for the world.

Aren't those Santa's the best? I have one like that, always doing the most thoughtful things for my sewing room. I love that guy. This year I put up a big sign that says "Dear Santa - - - - Define Good" I think he caught on

How special and to have a keeper as well as a best friend:)

Blog Entries
    Loved your story and your special "Santa" is very special for sure. Enjoy your new space and organizing your stash. DH loves you very much that's for sure.

Power Poster
    Oh how nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast