Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Sunday Paper >

My Sunday Paper

My Sunday Paper

Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

from what I have seen in my recent travles. the stores that never lost the fabric have the larger departments. THose (like mine in OK) that lost the fabric and are getting the NEW ones. They are tiny, not manned, and the quality of the fabrics is less than poor! While I do not use WM fabrics in my quilts, I did like them for the home-dec holiday stuff! The fabrics I have seen in the last 2 weeks for holidays at WM is just terrible..it will never last more than a year if that! and the prices are NUTSO...
Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 AM

Their idea of bringing back fabric a our store is the 2 yard cuts on the pegboards. They are mostly solid colors 100% cotton and broadcloth. Most of it is already gone because of the amount you have to buy to make a quilt, and there aren't that many colors to start with. This is upsetting because the closest fabric/quilt store is an hour away from us. uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How do we pass on our complaints to the company?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 AM

Their idea of bringing back fabric a our store is the 2 yard cuts on the pegboards. They are mostly solid colors 100% cotton and broadcloth. Most of it is already gone because of the amount you have to buy to make a quilt, and there aren't that many colors to start with. This is upsetting because the closest fabric/quilt store is an hour away from us. uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How do we pass on our complaints to the company?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:38 AM

write or emsil them. Haven't been in the walmart in Minot for so long. it takes forever to get around in it for one thing, another is there are not enough employees working so every line has 20 or more people in it waiting to check out. my legs and I don't do so well on concrete or in lines.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:22 PM

yeah, they were even passing it out in my store but no fabrics...bummer
Old 09-18-2011, 02:22 PM

You are very fortunate. I have a choice of three Super Centers and none carry fabric - so far. They used to.