Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar >

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

Old 08-03-2010, 08:18 PM

To funny. Marilyn. The colors are a little spread out. But as always I think that is just more of a challenge for you.
Good luck. Hopefully you wont get the blocks half done to have her change her mind again.
Would love to see what you come up with. As you go. But it is up to you and what you have time for.
As always your creative juices are flowing and this is but a challenge to wet the appetite.
Drooling here. LOL please share your progress.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
You are a Wonderful Sister In Law. With the patience of a saint, whatever you both do I'm sure will be Fantastic !!
Keep in mind at some point may have to let her know you think somthing just didn't go.... in a nice way! :)
All pieces chosen are Great !!
About as far as i go with asking someone what they like are, what colors do you like.

and of course will be watching for updates !!
Happy Quilting !!
Yes Dear, you truly are a saint. With all the changes, etc. I would be a basket case. I can't wait to see it.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:30 PM

WOW!!! What a story and a ride you've taken. You have the patience of a "Saint". I like the colors in both pics except the RED. The shade doesn't work for me but that's me. Can't wait to see the some blocks done. Good Luck!!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by WLee
:shock: $5 million might just about make it worth my while ( I did say "might," didn't I?)! By the way, I really think Danmar would make it as a comedian or a very entertaining writer or columnist! I think after all those changes, my "Pauline" just might be missing a few hanks of hair or teeth, compliments of yours truly! (She's already missing part of her brain.) At the very least, I might be thinking of the most irritating perfectionist quilter I know to refer to her for the job! I'm afraid I'd be pulling out my own hair, working with her on this quilt. Good Luck, Danmar!
Why, Thank you! I can't wait to get it started.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:55 AM
Banned

Oh I want to see it as you create it. This will be neat to follow, and you do such beautiful work. God bless. Penny
Old 08-04-2010, 07:56 AM

What is the final price? I would make one block and show it to Pauline and if she decided to change again, I would have to be bad and say no to making the quilt. I can be patient, but only so...................far,
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Donna Hall
What is the final price? I would make one block and show it to Pauline and if she decided to change again, I would have to be bad and say no to making the quilt. I can be patient, but only so...................far,
The final price at this point is only $200
Terrible, huh?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 AM

Yes, you are going to really take a loss the way it seems now, and will work for every penny of that. I think I would just have to tell her NO MORE CHANGES. and find the final pattern and get going if you are still planning to make it. Good Luck
Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 PM

When I was working we had a "drop dead" date when all changes to a job came to a halt. I think yours should have been 2 decisions ago! Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by danmar
The final price at this point is only $200
Terrible, huh?

Marilyn, are you familiar with the musical Wicked? There's a song in it that fits this situation perfectly. "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"! (And I know all the words by heart!)