Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My version of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Periwinkle Quilt >

My version of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Periwinkle Quilt

My version of the Missouri Star Quilt Company Periwinkle Quilt

Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 PM

Thank u so much. I have the template and papers. I used them for a spiderweb quilt I am working on now. I saw the new tutorial and loved the one hanging on the wall. I am printing out the papers now. I love the smaller size for a baby quilt. This is the greatest place for help with anything quilt related. Thank you again and Thanks to everyone that is on QB.
Happy Sewing
Old 03-08-2013, 11:26 AM

Default Template fix

Hi Becky. Can u put a link up showing us where the fix for this is at? Ive not found it. TIA for any help. or What is the very important step that was left out?
Happy sewing

[QUOTE=BeckyMSQC;5909335]Hello everyone, I just wanted to let everyone one that MSQC has posted on their blog how to use their Wacky Web Template to make this Periwinkle Quilt. The tutorial left out a very important step by accident.]
Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM

She left out a step that shows you that you need to sew the background fabric to the opposite corner. We have pictures on the blog and I am attaching the link for that now. It is under the Fabric Friday pictures. It is not hard just difficult to explain in text.
http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/

I hope this helps...I really think it will!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Thanks so much. This is wonderful.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BeckyMSQC View Post
She left out a step that shows you that you need to sew the background fabric to the opposite corner. We have pictures on the blog and I am attaching the link for that now. It is under the Fabric Friday pictures. It is not hard just difficult to explain in text.
http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/

I hope this helps...I really think it will!!!
Sooo . . . You don't use the papers that you sold to go with the template to make this block?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
BMP

I really wish she would just re-do the video, I need to see it done !!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM

Oh my goodness, I bought the whole kit and caboodle from M* and have not used it yet. How did Jenny's come out so well? They must have made several to make a template and papers to go with it but all these avid quilters had problems. Now, I don't want to tackle it if there are problems with it. Thank you so much for sharing your paper-piecing technique with us all!! You are a life saver. And, the paper idea from the dollar store is a great hint!! Piece and blessings, Vicki
Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 AM

Hi, There is a tutorial "fix" for the problem. Jenny forgot to tell where to put the fabric on the paper in the first tutorial. I love the smaller version that was posted here and thats what I will do for a baby quilt. I did use the MSQC template and am making a large spider web quilt now. I thought I would be working outside today but its turned cold in Tn.
Happy Sewing
Pat
Old 03-21-2013, 12:35 PM

i like ithis block to when i saw it on msqc ,but i think it looks better in a smaller size block,in jenny,s quilt that she shows us frist the block is smaller which i liked butter,thanks for infomation to website
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this link! I've search all day...dont know why I didn't check QB first, I usually find exactly what I'm looking for...lol Again, thank you!