Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I think if several of us lived close together we'd be a force to be feared. Fabric stores would see us pull in and bar the doors, restaurants would close, department stores would roll down the chainlink bars, other drivers would pull to the side of the road, children and pets would run and hide.
Probably true, very true. I got really, really ticked off at a woman who wasn't very nice to me. She had my driver's license and I reached across the counter to get it. She thought I was going to grab her and she almost knocked her chair over going backwards.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
LOL........guess I'll have to look at that service phone next time I am there and figure out which button is the intercom......"Attention Associates.....customer service needed in Fabrics......I've been waiting over 5 minutes to have my fabric cut and I can see the scissors.....thank you". I'm so glad I don't get treated badly at my Walmart.
I used to work at a plant that had one of those paging lines. I called in late one night and played Johnny Paychek's "Take this Job".
Old 07-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i am fascinated by the obsessive focus on walmart's service record in this topic.

am i the only person who has noticed the customer service is pretty poor in just about every major department store? (unless you're in the most expensive sections of a hoity toity store.)

i'm not defending poor practice in any store. i just keep wondering when people will finally get bored and pick on someplace other than walmart and joann's for a change. :lol:?
Well, let's look at this realistically. The only two national stores that almost everyone on the list shops at that carry fabric are: JoAnns and WalMart. That's why JoAnns and WalMart get mentioned so often. They're probably the only two stores that everyone on the list is familiar with and/or irritated at.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM

Sorry for your sad experience at W.M. My girls are fantastic in that department. She is always telling me about the new things coming in. My bad experience is when the girls aren't in the department (lunch time)and I ask the guys in the electronic dept. to page someone, and they are toooooo busy watching tv to make the page. I had some young fellow from the toys dept help me. I had to help him thru the measuring and tagging but he was having so much fun doing it that I didn't mind.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Sounds like the people who get the service are the people who are most assertive.

Originally Posted by Tallulah
We still have fabric in our store. Most of the time I have to pick up the phone in fabric and punch the service desk button and say, "I need some help in fabric, please." They get on the intercom and then someone will usually come and cut for me.

I think that our store will be on its way out next year when they remodel. We will then have no place in town to pick up fabric. Sad.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:41 PM

I have picked up the phone & dialed "0" and told them the situation and they got someone ASAP
Old 07-12-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Is anyone interested in sending this thread to the main office?? It MIGHT help........maybe???.......a little?????
Oh I so tried, but they want me to pick a store to send the #@&*% feedback form to and I wanted to send it to corporate in Arkansas!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i am fascinated by the obsessive focus on walmart's service record in this topic.

am i the only person who has noticed the customer service is pretty poor in just about every major department store? (unless you're in the most expensive sections of a hoity toity store.)

i'm not defending poor practice in any store. i just keep wondering when people will finally get bored and pick on someplace other than walmart and joann's for a change. :lol:?
You are absolutely right, Patrice.

Sometimes I wonder how much we, as customers, have an effect on how we are treated as customers. I KNOW that there are folks who should never be in the customer service business because they don't have a 'kind' bone in their body. But I wonder how many times that store person seems grouchy because they were up all night with a sick child, or because they just got paid and their measly check doesn't nearly cover their bills, or if their last customer was truly unreasonable and they haven't yet lowered their adrenalin level from that unpleasant encounter?

I also think that I get what I expect. I expect to be treated kindly, to be treated fairly. With that expectation I also need to treat them kindly and fairly. For the majority of my shopping experiences, that is exactly what I get.

I know that's not true in all situations. I know that some store people are horrid and mean. But I also know that there are so many that are doing the best they can.

Okay, let the tomato throwing begin.
I totally agree with you. When I go out I try to be friendly and agreeable and if I get rudeness in return I keep up the nice-ness and usually they realize how they are behaving and by the time I am done they are pleasant. There was a time when there was a snarly older woman in my Walmart fabric department. She was horrid to her co-worker, calling her a moron right in front of me, and snarled at a customer asking a question. As I left the store I went to the service desk and told them that she shouldn't be working in that department, and they laughed and said that must be Doris! I took a retail training class at a local college and have been in retail, maybe it should be required to take the course for any working with the public!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:57 PM

that has only happened to me once, but another girl and I cut our own fabric and figured out how to use their little machine to print out a price slip. I told the lady cutting my fabric (this was months later) about it and she said it was ok, and they even leave a paper with directions on how to use the little meter! I was surprised, but now I know that if I am there late (like before) I don't have to leave without a piece of fabric I really want.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM

Hi:
Read about your troubles at WalMart sounds similar to the one we have in our end of town. I have had some problems with Wally and what I do is send an e-mail and most of the time I will get an answer. I don't know what they do about at their end but I figure at least they heard fom me and just MAYBE will do something about it.

cassiemae