Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My wife said no flowers this year .... so ..... >

My wife said no flowers this year .... so .....

My wife said no flowers this year .... so .....

Old 02-14-2011, 12:57 PM

Sounds like a perfect weekend.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Oh yeah, Shady Maple is a must whenever we visit the Lancaster area. They have a wonderful gift store downstairs also.

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt
I live close to Lancaster. I'd love to hear about some of your favorite places to go. Have you been to Dieners in Ronks for lunch. It's a small smorgasboard. It's reasonable and good.
My hubby, parents and I met an Amish family a few years ago and they are related to the owners of Diener's, so we've been there many times. They have wonderful home cooked food there.

Originally Posted by Therese
Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
Yesterday, being our 26th aniv. I took my darling to the closest Box-mart. I then showed her the pretty yellow roses, the box of candy, and the sexy outfit, I would have bought for her. We then put it all back on the shelf. We saved a bunch of money doing that. When we got home I got out my Tattoo case. And now we share a gift to last a life time...
I don't see any quilt designs...
:lol: Stars are a quilting design! Nice work Ray. I know how much you adore your wife so I know how much this means to you both. :thumbup:

Terry, I think what you did for your wife for Valentine's Day is every woman's dream. Kudos to you for thinking of it and doing it. You did a great job! :thumbup:
Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM

So happy for you two! :) Making memories that last a lifetime.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM

My husband's phone number is 555-555-5555. Would you please call him? He always listens to great ideas that other guys tell him...
Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM

You're a great husband for multiple reasons but the first one that comes to mind is you listen to what your wife asks of you and then add what you know will be a fun valentine's treat for you both! I was married fro 34 yrs. to a wonderful HS sweetheart who also grew into your type of listening husband and he surprised me with many similar days. He's been gone for 13 yrs. now but I have some of the most wonderful memories of road trips, wonderful conversations and memorable meals. These are times you will remember always. The other things are just life that gets in the way of fun.

Happy Valentines and every day to you both,
Andie
Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM

You're a great husband for multiple reasons but the first one that comes to mind is you listen to what your wife asks of you and then add what you know will be a fun valentine's treat for you both! I was married fro 34 yrs. to a wonderful HS sweetheart who also grew into your type of listening husband and he surprised me with many similar days. He's been gone for 13 yrs. now but I have some of the most wonderful memories of road trips, wonderful conversations and memorable meals. These are times you will remember always. The other things are just life that gets in the way of fun.

Happy Valentines and every day to you both,
Andie
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Kas

What a guy!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM

My mom always tells us the same thing. She says that they die too soon. This year my sister found her a stand-up glasses stand that is made from floral fabric and a mouse pad that has roses on it. I went to JoAnn's and found a beautiful set of scissors that,instead of a solid color,had a floral pattern.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM

Please, please give us the addresses on locations of where you shopped! I live about 1 hour away and would love to take a field trip there!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:14 PM

I'll take the flowers, candy, and gift. My dh is in Africa, so maybe next year.