Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mystery Quilt-A-Longs >

Mystery Quilt-A-Longs

Mystery Quilt-A-Longs

Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Not a really impressive "looker", but fun and will make a good kid's donation quilt. I always appreciate the work people put into giving us these fun mystery QALs.
That is why I have never participated. I am one of those quilter's that need control of fabric placement.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:34 AM

Here are some of my mystery tops from New Year's this year.

Quiltbug.com. This one needs a couple of borders to make it the right size. It will either be a 2" and a 5" border, or 2", 1", 4", I haven't decided yet. I have lots of this line of fabric, so plenty of choice for borders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539389[/ATTACH]

quilting.about.com. I love this one. She gave several setting options, and I picked this because I had the right number of blocks, and it made the size I wanted Working on the setting triangles on my own, because hers were just plain squares. I was a little disappointed in the instructions, which never said exactly how many pieces you needed - so I have lots of odds and ends left over, since 30 was the goal and I made 20 blocks but cut some units for 30 following the direction. But as I said, LOVE the end result. More intricate than most 1-day mysteries, but it was completely do-able, with no pre-cutting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539390[/ATTACH]

This quilt came from a yahoo group I belong to. It's a mystery that's available on the web (can't recall the author - Cathy something). Lots of fun, and another donation quilt for me. I left the borders off, or it would have been too big for the group it's going to.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539391[/ATTACH]

And this one - I cut strips for 2 of the above mystery, but didn't like what it did with the background for a single fabric. So I mixed it up, used as many of the bits as I could and came up with this quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539392[/ATTACH]

I also worked on Merry Mayhem's mystery, but only got 1 block done so far so no pictures of that one. And of course I'm working on Bonnie's mystery - I was completely caught up until the reveal. Will get back to it soon.
Attached Thumbnails p1040593.jpg   p1040595.jpg   pc310580.jpg   p1010584.jpg  
Old 01-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

Those are great, Krista! Wow, you are so productive.... All the ones you showed are cute, but I really like the one you made up yourself (the last one) the best! Thanks for sharing your 'mysteries'.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:55 PM

I'm doing Bonnie Hunter's and Merry Mayhem's, I have most of my blocks done but don't have them together. Maybe by the end of the week. I do enjoy doing them.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:08 PM

I have not done any mysteries, but I really cannot resists BOM. It may get me in trouble. UFO trouble!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:28 AM

I have only had time to participate in BH's Allietare... since I work full-time I am limited on the amount of time I get to spend in my sewing room. As it is, I am desperately trying to catch up but have just completed Part 3 and now ready to work on Part 4 this evening. I would like to get this one completed before PaintmeJudy starts one of her Mystery Trains (hopefully in February). I always enjoy those too!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

Some one is going to love getting this one. Good job.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:22 AM

Every one of those quilts is just beautiful. After reading Jenny's story today, I can understand why those quilts will be loved and cherished.
God bless all of you who make them.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

I can picture one little child figuring out all the "pictures" in your fabric. Great quilt.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:46 PM

So cute!

I'm working on the Merry Mayhem's QAL, and enjoying it. I did one a few years a go and was impressed with how clear and easy the directions were. I had a wee bit of ripping out to do that time, but it was due to pilot error, and not the directions.

Blessings,
Lisa