Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
naming your featherwieghts >

naming your featherwieghts

naming your featherwieghts

Old 01-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Thanks so much for all of the great ideas for names. I am still kind of stumped because I don't know who had them before me. My first one came out of a police evidence auction and my nieces husband was working the auction and got it for us. Not many good ideas there for a name. And all I know about my second one is my husband bought her at a flea market and she really smelled BAD! hmmm.....maybe I should call her Rose.....just to be kind! LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 12:52 PM

My first one I named Georgina..because I bought her on Georgina Island...and the second one is Lise...because while re-upholstering an antique couch for my girlfriend I fell upon this estate sale..my friend had to have a fleur de lis pattern for the couch...it turned into quite the project..and we nickname the couch Lise..and when we ran into problems we called her Lise the Sl....(rhymes with Lise..)..we would have good laught about it and the couch in the end did turn out beautifully..for amateurs...
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM

My 1st one is black and i named her PJ which is the initials for my 2 sisters....Peg and Jane. My 2nd one is the white one and in the shop for cleaning so once i see it Thursday probably will select a name at that time....hmm, got to think one for that one that i found at an estate sale for $30.....hmmm
Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 AM

Named mne after its original owner. Dear sweet Rita
Old 01-10-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
I named mine after her original owner. What about naming it after your grandmother or someone else you know from the era of your machine.
I have three and only one has a name so far. Like children, I need to find just the right name for the personallity of each machine. With that said, I named my first one after my Grandmother and Mother to honor them for all they've done for me. My FWs name is Edie Jeanne. I'm still searching names for my other two. Besides that I have two other machines. Neither have names yet. One is the one my Mother used when we were kids and she gave it to me. It doesn't work, but at least I have it. One day I hope to get it running again. The other is MY machine. I got it as a gift from my partner several years ago. She humms like a dream and I love her. She's got all the bells and whistles, but no name yet.

Wow! I don't think I've ever figured out how many I really have. I guess the total is 5. I'd better get to work on naming and sewing.