Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: naming your featherwieghts

I have noticed that alot of you on this board name your machines, especially the featherwieghts. I have had my first featherwieght for about 4yrs now and it was always known as the featherwieght. Then my husband surprised me with another one about 3 months ago. I joked that I needed to name them so I could keep it straight which one was which. Well I couldn't come up with anything that I liked or that fit. I was wondering what you have named yours so I could get some great ideas. Mine are both black. :wink:

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Mine is Kitty b/c she purrs. Being a cat lover (have 5) it was the first name that popped up :D:D

Mine is Sophie (or should that be Sewfie?) cuz she sews like a dream.

Blog Entries
    Sally Singer and Bobby Brother. Sally is about 15 or so years older than Bobby, but they both work nicely together.

For whatever reason, Bobby does not like zig zaging but does the other 58 stitches nicely. Sally loves zig zags and can make them wide or thin and long or short.

Blog Entries
    I named mine after her original owner. What about naming it after your grandmother or someone else you know from the era of your machine.

Mine is called Beverly, because she was given to me by my friend Beverly.

Blog Entries
    Mine is Princess...because she is one!

Blog Entries
    Mine is Bess. When I posted about it on my blog this was one of the suggestions I got. I love Tudor history (well the tv/movie/book versions of it anyway :mrgreen: ) and we had recently watched a movie with Elizabeth I and her favorite lady in waiting was called Bess (Throckmorton-she married Sir Walter Raleigh if anyone is interested). I liked the name so that's what I decided on.

Mine's name is Gertie. She used to belong to my highschool French and English teacher whose name was Gertrude.

Frannie Featherweight is her name

Blog Entries
    My Featherweight is "Honey"...because she was a birthday gift from my honey... :)

My Janome is Raquel, because she's beautiful! ;)
    I also have Sarge the Serger, Hannah the 9W treadle, Edna the W&W 8 treadle, Liz the Kenmore, Bud the Brother, Rita is the 201-2, Carrie is the 66-1 treadle, Midge is the 99, and the others don't have names yet because they aren't up and running.

So far I have "Ruby" because my friends call me Rudy and I thought Ruby was a more appropriate name for my first featherweight born on my same birth month and year. The second one I got is named "Sweet Caroline" after my mother. She is a beauty 1947. I don't know either of the original owners.

Mine is Noelle, because I just got her for Christmas.

Blog Entries
    My white one is Connie, and I was stuck for a name for the 222 I got, but she is now Cassie - her bobbin case was missing until I got the seller to send me one. I pointed out that he stated on ebay that she was working, and I contended that she couldn't work without a bobbin case!

My FW is black and I've named her Layla. I got her for a steal at a garage sale.

I don't have names for my other machines, but I call my Kenmore badged Janome "the workhorse" because she goes through anything and keeps on ticking - even having been dumped twice by the cats before I started using a dedicated table instead of the old sewing machine cabinet. The Babylock I might should call "fussy." LOL.

What is the attraction to a featherweight? I know nothing about them.

Mine are "Blueberry" as I completely took her apart and gave her a new facelift of Metalic Blue paint. My first one is black and her name is "Queen Mother" Because everyone at Featherweight class was comparing theirs to her as she is one beautiful lady and they actually gave her the name. And another black one I have is "Jasmine" and she just looked like a Jasmine??? My white one is "Celery" as she has a greenish tint to her. I love tham all!!!

Mine is called Celine as she is a singer of fine quality!

Aren't we Featherweight owners and lovers SILLY?????

Blog Entries
    I have never named any of my machines.

I named mine Elizabeth. That's where she was made and it was my grandmother's name. Elizabeth was my grandmother's machine and I remember using this machine one summer when I was 7. Grandma taught me to sew and we made an apron. I have the table too.

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Aren't we Featherweight owners and lovers SILLY?????
    Yes, silly and in love with our beautiful babies!! lol :D

Blog Entries
    I name everything! I guess because they become so much a part of my life. My Janome 6500 was Hoss because it was a work "hoss" and also because I loved Dan Blocker (played Hoss on Bonanza - and it is so sad I feel I have to elaborate on that!). My computer is Dream Machine and my Ellisimo is Dream Weaver (DW for short). My portable Brother is usually PIA (because using it is a pain in the _ _ _) after using my Dream Weaver)!

The truck I drove for years I called the Behemoth (a Chevy Silverado) which I DID not want to trade my Nissan for but hubby insisted. When gas got to $4/gal., he did buy me a Scion XB which I call Baby and absolutely love!

I don't have a FW yet - not sure if I want one - but if I ever do, it will name itself.

Scowlkat, I loved Hoss!!!!!!! Glad something is named after
    that sweet guy. I was so upset that he died so young :(

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    mine is Hazel. My grandmother's name. Because I have such fond memories of her doing our mending at the kitchen table.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast