Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: National Quilters Circle

National Quilters Circle

Is anyone here a member and would you recommend joining? Any comments appreciated. I can join for only $2.00 a month for the first year.

Sorry, I am not a member, haven't heard of them.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Was but I didn't find to useful but my friend did...so I'd say for that price give a try...make sure you jot down when yr up or they auto enroll at higher cost.

I would join for that price and yes make sure you write down when it ends. I enjoy watching the videos on YouTube.
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

Blog Entries
    Do a search. There have been many threads and comments in the past about this organization.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mawluv View Post
    Is anyone here a member and would you recommend joining? Any comments appreciated. I can join for only $2.00 a month for the first year.
    I have a premium membership . They have many good videos that you could possibly find on youtube , if you thought of what to look for . NQC presents videos on topics that cover just about everything in quilting . You do receive a lot of emails trying to sell you classes but I prefer Craftsy classes so I just ignore them. I will renew .
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

I joined a few years ago and haven't had any desire to rejoin. I tried one of their free classes and found it lacking, Craftsy or annies classed are better taught.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
    Was but I didn't find to useful but my friend did...so I'd say for that price give a try...make sure you jot down when yr up or they auto enroll at higher cost.
    I gave it a try and did not find it useful. I also had trouble getting out.
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

I did one of the end of year reduced price and didn't know that it was automatic renewable. I was charged the full price later. It was my fault for not keeping track. So be sure and stop the auto payment unless of course you want to continue. I don't like companies that do without full disclosure of exactly what will happen and when.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I recently joined this group because of discount price. The biggest percent of emails are asking for more money to advance to another level they offer. I will not be renewing my subscription. Disappointed in what they offer.

They drive me crazy with all their emails. I've never subscribed and have no desire but they still hound me.

I joined their free trial and canceled immediately, better content can be found on YouTube as well as Craftsy I was not impressed.
    Lisa

If you can use paypal to pay for these types of recurring signups, they make it easy to get out. All you do is tell them immediately you don't want anymore of that service and they will reverse the charge. They got me out of Angie's List without a hassle. They also notified me that a photo website has signed up up for auto-renewal when I purchased the initial year. I said no and didn't have any problems when the initial year was up.

Not a fan. Ive done the $7 a year a couple of times and they still send me emails as if i hadn't joined. I watched some of their premium videos - not impressed. I prefer to pick and choose with etsy or free Youtube. (max)

I agree with many of the above replies to not touch it. Save your money for a better site. I had trouble with the auto renew also. I sure isn't worth what they were charging at renewal either, by all means. You probably have all the knowledge they try to offer; at least I did. NO NO NO

I got that $2 offer also, but the print did mention auto renewal so I passed it up. I can barely keep track of today never mind a year from now. LOL
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I'm on their email list and can't seem to get off no matter how often I unsubscribe, but I'm not a member.
    Last edited by Friday1961; 11-27-2018 at 01:17 PM.

I did a 1 year cheap sub. the few videos I wanted to watch were too long. I forgot about the auto renew and got sticker shock when the renewal showed up on my credit card. $105!! I called and cancelled, they sent a full refund right away.