Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Necchi 1951 machine

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    Does the needle move if you turn the hand wheel? Or is the machine completely frozen?
    It doesn't move even when I turn the hand wheel. The rubber belt turns, but nothing on the machine moves. There is some visible rust on it, so I guess it could be rusted up inside.

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane
    So sad. Just tried to use my "new" machine and the needle didn't budge. :( So much for the assurance that it worked great. I'll try to get my money back from the thrift shop tomorrow.
    I would not take it back. It probably just needs some oil since it has been sitting so long. The oil has dried up in places. Billie in the vintage machine store that was posted above will give you all the help you need to get the machine running. It should be very easy.
    Thanks, I'll see what Billie has to say. I'd love to get it running, but I know nothing at all about repairs. The owners manual doesn't have a trouble shooting guide!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane
    It doesn't move even when I turn the hand wheel. The rubber belt turns, but nothing on the machine moves. There is some visible rust on it, so I guess it could be rusted up inside.
    Sounds to me like a broken shaft inside. I love vintage machines, but a repair like that would be outside of my willingness and expertise.

have you opened up the top to look inside? that might tell you alot............ dont give up on it yet......... oil can do miraculous things, in the right places

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2