Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
NEED~~~Fabric Help >

NEED~~~Fabric Help

NEED~~~Fabric Help

Old 03-07-2011, 01:08 PM

*looks up stacked coin quilt on Google Image* I can't for the life of me see how that relates to coins, but it's a pretty quilt pattern and I gather you don't have to put the blue solid next to the lighter patterned blue. Which colour would you use for the sashing (well, sort of sashing, you know what I mean)?

That picture is looking very nice, the fabrics seem to be settling down better.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:22 PM

I am at a loss as to which color to use for the sashings.
Suppose I could try a combination of them.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Not with that pattern you couldn't, I don't think. If you have a decent amount of each fabric, try laying out a big unfolded piece of a solid and stacking the other fabrics (folded small) on it in a row. Rinse and repeat with the other fabrics, take photos of the lot, put all the photos up together, stand back and ponder. And show us, of course.

Though looking at the photo again, I wouldn't try the blue for the sashing (or either blue, if you use both). The white you took out might possibly work, as it's a different context now. The red looks like a strong contender, especially since it will pick out the bits of red in the patterned fabrics. Possibly the celery, though that one doesn't look terribly greenish in photos which makes it harder to judge. Is there any particular colour which you're drawn to more than the others?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Hello, Dreamer it's meeeeee. I know you have every color in teh moda solids. I like Losbters Idea but was wondering if you added a brown and took out the light one onthe right and the far left and add brown plus one of the darker greens you have. I see the Darker green in most of the charms. Just my thoughts. I have to see pictures or play wtih them on the floor. Love the fabrics though. I'll look at mine and see since we have the same. I am thinking there is a brown and a sage green . But then again, it is your quilt and you can choose your likings the best. I prefer more darks. So take all this in and then decide. *H*U*G*S*
Old 03-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

Leave out the bright blue solid, it draws away from all the other colors. Also the two white fabrics. I would leave out the green checked and the orange/brown flower print fabrics too. But that's just me going by the colors in the picture. All Moda is super nice so it will look great no matter your choices.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:14 PM

This is a good thread for me to follow... I have a layer cake of these fabrics and havent decided what to do with them yet...plus some other yardage. So I will be watching!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:31 PM
np3
Power Poster

Hi Dreamer!!

Have you decided yet? If not, I vote for leaving out the brightest blue on the left top and adding in a green. Like all of the prints in there.

Looking good!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:32 PM

I think they all work. The light aqua blue was a debate but depending on your pattern it may add just enough zing to keep it from being "to" matched up. Sometimes the colors that don't quite "match" are what bring life to the quilt.