Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Need advice on how to raise tables ?

That's a good idea to have the table even with your sewing machine! Aren't husbands brilliant (and thoughtful) sometimes???

Quote Originally Posted by dsb38327
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    My hubby cut me 12" pvc white plastic pipe and I lift each leg and slide them on. Works great. Depends on the type of legs you ahve though. Mine are regular table you can fold in half and tote. We have Project Linus meetings twice a month adn use these on the cutting tables. Saves the backs.
    I have a 4 ft and a 6 ft. Tom made booties for each. They are so easy to put on when I want them and take them off when I don't.
    He made these tall ones for standing up pinning or cutting.
    He made short ones to place the table top level with my sewing machine table. I just choose the ones I want.

Blog Entries
    i needed bed risers for my spare bed, got them at Joanns, they were 70% off. paid $4 and some change for the set of 4.

Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
    So did mine.....gotta love having one of those handy guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    My sis is shorter so her husband took pieces of 4x4 lumber cut them to the height she needed plus an inch or two and than routed out a hole in the middle for the legs to set in. Custom risers.

Need a handy hubby though!
    My hubby isn't very handy, so I bought my own electric tools. Just decided to do it myself. You can too! :thumbup: My favorites are my drill, electric stapler, and electric sander. Arrr, Arrr, Arrr (Anyone remember Tim the Tool Man Taylor LOL) Right now, I'm using the risers from WalMart, but if I want to reposition my table, it's a hassle. I'm going to try the PVC. Thanks for the ideas and the pictures. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3