Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a business name >

Need a business name

Need a business name

Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 AM

I haven't read all the responses, so this may already have been mentioned. If you are going to set up a website or an email account with the business name, make sure it reads like you want it and not in some weird way. I got an email once showing a list of the businesses and their email addresses, and some of them were downright obscene. It wasn't planned that way, but they had to live with it.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 AM

Quilting Commissioner
Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

I like East Hill Quilting, but you might want to check with your state to see if the name has to be registered and if there is another business with the same name. I don't remember the state agency where I had registered the name for a previous business, but there should be a directory of state offices that can help you. Be prepared to have some alternates, a quilted home would be a good alternate name. Hope this helps.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
I like the sound of East Hill Quilting!
I like this name also. The only thing I could add is to possibly add Arts. East Hill Quilting Arts. It would cover any creations you would want to sell. Good luck with the business!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:10 PM

mckwilter has a good point - to check how the email or web address will look/sound. My son-in-law is Brian Scott Moore. Wonderful, strong, manly name. When he was in the Marine Corps all email addresses went to last name, initial, initial. So all his mail came to MooreBS. Read that out loud and see if it doesn't make you giggle! I LOVED it. He wasn't so pleased. A friend's name is Sandra Hopper. Nothing wrong with that. Her school district uses first initial, last name. So she is forever more "shopper".