Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Christmas gift ideas...time to get started. >

Need Christmas gift ideas...time to get started.

Need Christmas gift ideas...time to get started.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 PM

Gail, I forgot to say that there's also an adorable Pumpkin placemat with a spider on it that holds the napkin if you like Halloween.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:46 AM

Pennants/flags are popular and very quick and easy to made. I made one with 'Merry Christmas' appliqued on it for my daughter that I think she will use above the fireplace. I'm thinking of making smaller ones for the tree or for above doorways. You can spell out messages to Santa if you have small people in the family.
I also made yards of brightly colored flags for decorating the patio for summer parties. They didn't take long and you can make them any size you like.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 AM

Last year I made personalized stockings for every one and an apron for the ladies. This yearI ahve orders for tree skirt and I want to make all different placemats that represent each one personnally
Old 06-22-2012, 04:18 AM

Oh I forgot I want to make bags for groceries a few per family.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 AM

I think I am going to make everyone either glass coasters or those hot bowl holders for oatmeal/soup.

Ruth, where did you find a pattern/tut for the bowl holders? What a great gift... clever and pretty! I'd love to gift some of these for my children that love oatmeal, soup and pasta! TIA ~ Pat
Old 06-22-2012, 04:54 AM

napkins, pot holders, casserole carry bags, candle mats, mug rugs with mugs & cocoa mix
Old 06-22-2012, 05:01 AM

If you want a really raucus gift idea, try boxer shorts in Christmas fabrics. I've made them for my boys for years. Surprisingly enough they love em. So 2 years ago, I stepped it up a notch and made them for all the guys in the family. Old and young alike. It was hilarious!! Some thought it was great, some were mortified. In the end we all had the best laugh we have had in years. It resulted in requests from the gals to make them some and stitch down the fly. They are really comfy on hot summer nights. In the house of course, you don't want the neighbors talking!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by calicojoan View Post
If you want a really raucus gift idea, try boxer shorts in Christmas fabrics. I've made them for my boys for years. Surprisingly enough they love em. So 2 years ago, I stepped it up a notch and made them for all the guys in the family. Old and young alike. It was hilarious!! Some thought it was great, some were mortified. In the end we all had the best laugh we have had in years. It resulted in requests from the gals to make them some and stitch down the fly. They are really comfy on hot summer nights. In the house of course, you don't want the neighbors talking!

I've made the boxers for sons and the girls for every holiday they love it The girls really like them there comfy they say so this year I'll make a bunch. Also made the bed skirt to match their quilts along with pillowcases,a big hit. Dresser scarfs are good idea to!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 AM

I would make them a Christmas wall hanging that can also be put on the front door.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM

i was going to say placemats also but the kind they can keep out all year. and mug rugs to match.