Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Encouragement Please >

Need Encouragement Please

Need Encouragement Please

Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Since you've done all those hard quilts, you can do it. I know I could do it if I put my mind to it. I haven't done half of those quilts you have and I know I can do any quilt IF I WANT TO BADLY ENOUGH!! I made a quilt a few years ago that I look at and can't believe I made. I didn't know I had it in me. I wasn't afraid of it at the time. Do baby steps...do the first thing you need to do, probably which is cutting...which anyone can do...and then do the second step. One step at a time. Don't look at the whole thing...that's overwhelming!! Just the first step...you can do that, right???
Old 11-22-2012, 08:35 PM

Sometimes I have to read the directions. read step 1, and cut, press or whatever that step says to do. Then on to step 2. I find that by doing things as I go along I'm not nearly so overwhelmed. If you can make Baltimore Albums and Lone Stars and your Dahlia doesn't have a big hump in the middle the bargello is a piece of cake!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 AM

I agree with KarenR, grab that cup of whatever, read the directions and jump in! With all the difficult patterns you have already mastered you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Thanks for all the response. I have jumped in with both feet and almost have the cutting done. Maybe when I take one step at a time it will make sense. I am confused about the instructions that says to remove the last row. Why sew it on only to remove it? Maybe when I get there I will understand. Thanks again.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM

Joy,

Relax, take a deep breath, and say to yourself, "I can do this!" There can be no doubt that you have the skills!

Jeanette Frantz, Ocala, Florida