Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Encourgement! >

Need Encourgement!

Need Encourgement!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:15 AM

For years my sister and I have dreamed of opening our own quilting shop. Well a year ago my sister passed. This man that have a row of antique stores in my small town gave me one of his buildings which is about 1800sft. I have to clean it out and do some repairs to the ceiling and some electric work. From there come up with a design and paint scheme. My problem is I have noone but my dad who believes in my dream. He helps me clear it out when he's not working. Even my dh want lift a finger to help. Everyday i go there and do what I can. I hope I can have it cleaned out before Jan. then do the repairs and design to have a grand opening in Feb. I need a list of wholesalers and etc. Right now I'm in tears!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Banned

My dear I surely do feel for you. I am in a position where I just cant help you no matter what is needed, except to pray that all will go your way soon. Buck up it will come together and you will one day down the road and look back and smile.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:22 AM

Oh, you CAN do it! Follow your dream! Maybe you could go to a local quilt guild and get some of their ideas. I believe in you!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

You can do it. If you need some help with samples or machine quilting, let me know. PM me/

Joyce

Originally Posted by Minister
For years my sister and I have dreamed of opening our own quilting shop. Well a year ago my sister passed. This man that have a row of antique stores in my small town gave me one of his buildings which is about 1800sft. I have to clean it out and do some repairs to the ceiling and some electric work. From there come up with a design and paint scheme. My problem is I have noone but my dad who believes in my dream. He helps me clear it out when he's not working. Even my dh want lift a finger to help. Everyday i go there and do what I can. I hope I can have it cleaned out before Jan. then do the repairs and design to have a grand opening in Feb. I need a list of wholesalers and etc. Right now I'm in tears!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM

I wish you lived in my town - I'd be right there to help.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 AM

Yes, you can do it! Even in the face of adversity, many great things have been accomplished. Attack it one day at a time and know that you are that much closer to your dream. Your sister would be very proud of you to continue to bring this shop into reality. Best wishes; and when you need more encouragement, you know you can always come here!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
JJs
Banned

you do want to get in touch with Marshall Dry Goods for wholesale...

http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/?gcl...FSI55Qod7itsFw

maybe just call them and see what's what...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:30 AM

Wow! It will be such a comfort to you, as you work on your shop, to remember your sister. I am glad your dad can help a little. Just keep plugging away, and working towards your goal!

Let us know where your shop is, and maybe others here on the board are close, and could come help clean up, etc.

As things shape up, perhaps your hubby will see the dream too, or at least be willing to give a hand and some emotional support. He may think it is "woman's work" to quilt. Has he seen this board, and the great number of MEN who quilt? He can see by their profile pics - these are MEN, real MEN. And John Flynn was an engineer. I am sure there are many such stories.

Good luck, hang in there. You are LIVING what some of us only dream of. Don't give up!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:08 PM

Is there a local quilt guild that can pitch in and help?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:09 PM

it seems sometimes people just have to tear down other's dreams,maybe out of jelousy [or lost dreams]KEEP WORKING ON YOURS.the members on this board are the BESTplace to start !let us know when you are up & running be sure you are a "regular" here so we can all take advantage of your store.
be hoping & praying for you,dar