Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help in deciding between Inspira or New Joy frame >

Need help in deciding between Inspira or New Joy frame

Need help in deciding between Inspira or New Joy frame

Old 06-18-2018, 08:44 AM

Default Need help in deciding between Inspira or New Joy frame

I'll only be setting either frame for the minimum width-5ft. The options for the machine are a Brother Quilt Club 1300 or a Pfaff 7570 or Pfaff Performance 5.0 from my "collection". I don't plan on doing anything larger than wall quilts. Which could be any size up to that 5ft but no bed quilts.
I'm just not sure how sturdy either platform is for the heavier Performance 5. But it does have the larger throat area which would be nice. The Brother has features for frame quilting. Both those frames are what could kindly be called "vintage".
If you have used either frame I would love to have get your opinion-pro or con. Either one is basically "free" considering the price of anything new. But if I'd just be throwing even that little bit of cash away or asking for trouble that would be nice to know.
Thanks so much for any comments or recommendations!
Old 06-18-2018, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Compare the size of the platforms that hold your machine. You are probably going to loose more than you think on either side, making the useable quilting area closer to 4 feet. Also, I don't think either frame has a dead bar so make sure that you have ample room on both sides of the frame to access the takeup bar.