Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Help with Picking Embroidery Machine >

Need Help with Picking Embroidery Machine

Need Help with Picking Embroidery Machine

Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by nabobw View Post
Have the same machine and LOVE it. I can do so much more with it. I have the software 4D which I use all the time.
Another Viking owner here and I agree 100%. I have the Viking Ruby and one of the reasons I wanted it was that I know myself well enough that I knew I'd get not just bored but frustrated at just a 4x4 or even 5x7 hoop. Even though some of my designs would fit into those hoops I like having the larger hoops and putting several designs on it at once and letting it go. I also have a Viking #1 and it's one of the best machines that Viking ever made. It was my first. As soon as I check it out; it just came back from servicing and I want to make sure they did a great job so I'm selling it only because the economy won't allow me the luxury of two embroidery machines. Get the best you can buy. If you get from eBAy; make sure it has a warranty. My Viking #1 had a 2yr warranty and I was glad for it. Also make sure it comes with everything you need; not all of them do. Check their reputation on eBay and see how many satisfied/disatisfied customers they have. If they say non-returnable with no grace period that is a sign not to get it. Once you get it home you are stuck with it. Just be careful and research what you are getting to make sure you'll be happy instead of frustrated.