Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help please - anyone recognize the fabric

Need help please - anyone recognize the fabric

I started a quilt over 8 years ago and ran out of fabric to enlarge it. Both pieces were purchased at Joann's. Does anyone recognize the fabric?? I've seen it posted somewhere on here a store that has stacks upon stacks of bolts of fabric to the point of being hazardous to shop there...(lol) and they might have what is needed. Does anyone have the name and address? If I send them a scrap to locate it by will they ship it to me?Name:  000_0074.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  1.07 MB

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    If it helps to know the name of the fabric, the blue and white one is by Susan Winget China Blue Birds. Sorry I can't help with the name of the store or the other blue fabric. Perhaps they were from the same line.
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

I have heard of thousands of bolts. Maybe check them out.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I googled found these links: https://www.google.com/search?q=Fabr...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Need name of other fabric.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

I think the shop you are thinking of, with huge stashes of older fabrics stacked almost to the ceiling, is in Amish country in Pennsylvania, somewhere near Intercourse. I've never been there but am aware of it's reputation. Maybe someone else here will remember the name of the shop.

Sometimes, a project started several years ago, just isn't meant to be enlarged. Good luck finding it all the same. Perhaps if you show us your project, some of these great quilters could give you some ideas as to what to do if you can't find the fabric. There are a lot of China Blue fabrics out there, maybe one of those will work.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

The 'stuffed' store in Pa. is Obie's in East Earl Pa.. They are helpful & probably would ship. The clerk was really willing to do all possible when I was there looking for that needle in a haystack kind of fabric to match what I had in order to finish a project.
    Use MR Google for a phone number if you need to ask questions.
    sewverybusy1

Quote Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
    I think the shop you are thinking of, with huge stashes of older fabrics stacked almost to the ceiling, is in Amish country in Pennsylvania, somewhere near Intercourse. I've never been there but am aware of it's reputation. Maybe someone else here will remember the name of the shop.
    The store is Obie’s in East Earl, Pa. it is literally floor to ceiling fabric
    Lynn

I have a pc of that blue fabric and I am pretty sure it is called Fusions by Robt. Kaufmann So maybe that will help

Blog Entries
    I found this info: OBIE'S COUNTRY STORE
    H. W.Oberholzer & Son (Obies)
    Box 69
    1585 Main Street (Rte. 23)
    Goodville, PA 17528
    (717) 445-4616

Quilted Twins has the blue fabric.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
    I started a quilt over 8 years ago and ran out of fabric to enlarge it. Both pieces were purchased at Joann's. Does anyone recognize the fabric?? I've seen it posted somewhere on here a store that has stacks upon stacks of bolts of fabric to the point of being hazardous to shop there...(lol) and they might have what is needed. Does anyone have the name and address? If I send them a scrap to locate it by will they ship it to me?Name:  000_0074.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  1.07 MB
    The blue background with white flowers is by Fabric Traditions, but there's no other identifying information on it (pattern name, etc.). I have at about four yards of it, and you can have all of it for free if you want to PM me your address. It was in a pile of fabric that I was looking to get rid of (I already used some - I must have bought 5 yards), and I would love to find it a home where someone would appreciate it.

The fabric was pre-washed with a "free and clear" detergent, and this is a non-smoking home, but we do have cats and it is guaranteed that there WILL be some cat fur on it.

Please have patience since I don't log on every day, but I will try to remember to check for messages.

Blog Entries
    Yea! someone found some of the fabric for you. i love China blue. about the only blue i do like.

lawsonmugs.....I've searched Quilted Twins under blue, navy, and royal blue fabric. It's not there.

I know they sell 108 " wide backing. I seen it there about 2 weeks ago. Maybe it sold out. It is called vines or something like that. I will look later for you. Gotta do some errands first.
    Mary

This is the one I bought. They had about 15 colors. I'm sure I seen a couple different blues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary