Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with sewing machine part?

Need help with sewing machine part?

So I have had a question about a sewing machine part? while baby sitting my nephew took it off the top cover of my sewing machine. It has been missing for a while know and hasn't really bothered me all that much until lately when I needed to use other stitches for a project. I know I could order it if I could figure out what it is called and were I could maybe order it from. It is the top cover to my sewing machine that holds down the stitching disk in my machine. Here is a picture of it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oklahomamom2; 12-22-2014 at 09:42 AM.

What brand is the machine and what is the model number and/or name? There is just no way we can help you find anything for a machine that we don't even know at least the brand and model.

For such a specialty part, you will probably have to go to the manufacturer. If you give them your model number and serial number, they will probably be able to sell you the replacement part. You may be able to find it on their website.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

It is a singer 5050C

No booklet that tells what things are? Have you gone online and looked for a manual for your machine? I would start there.
    Good luck.

The stitching disks are called "cams." I would call it a "cam cover."
    Annette in Utah

it is called the top cover lid
    Nancy

If I remember right, a guild member has this machine and she rarely closed the lid when sewing. Do you have to have it to change the cams?
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

This is the manual for a 5050. Another website comment said that the 5050 and the 5050C were the same machine. I hope this will help you.

http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down..._5040_5050.pdf

The following is from the Singer website: http://www.singerco.com/contact-us

For all other assistance, contact Consumer Affairs:

1-800-4-SINGER (1-800-474-6437)
    Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. C.T.

Please note that our toll free Consumer Affairs line closes at 4pm. Any callers that call between 3:30pm and 3:59pm Central Time will be notified that we will be closing at that time. Any calls that remain in queue will automatically be disconnected at 4 PM. If you prefer you may contact us at [email protected].

Singer Sewing Company®
    1224 Heil Quaker Blvd.
    P.O. Box 7017
    LaVergne, TN 37086

Customer Service: 1-800-4-SINGER (1-800-474-6437)
    Customer Service Fax: (615) 213-0994
    Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 12-23-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Thank you so much I guess I don't need it, I'm hopping it shows up one day. I finally got the disk to sit down so that it doesn't come lose when I'm stitching.

Blog Entries
    I was looking at your photo and noticed that your sewing area tends to get dust and lint everywhere including all over the machine. Until you find/buy a new cover, consider taping a piece of paper over the area normally covered by the door to keep all the lint and fuzz from getting in the machine and causing repair bills. Just my thought.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.