Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Need ideas please

  1. #1
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    Ok, I won a bunch (24) of fats. Now I need a pattern to use them in.

    I'm looking for a pattern that I can showcase each fabric. They are all x-mas fabrics.

    Any ideas where to find something suitable?
    I thought about wreaths but don't know how to piece the bow.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1

  3. #3
    Junior Member rndelling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    250
    I have a 9 patch Christmas scrap pattern by Connie Kauffman.
    I believe that it was in Quilter's World.
    I didn't get it done for this year but am far enough along that I should be able to have it ready for next Christmas.
    You could use most or all of your Fat Quarters in this pattern.

  4. #4
    Junior Member rndelling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by rndelling
    I have a 9 patch Christmas scrap pattern by Connie Kauffman.
    I believe that it was in Quilter's World.
    I didn't get it done for this year but am far enough along that I should be able to have it ready for next Christmas.
    You could use most or all of your Fat Quarters in this pattern.
    Here's the link for the pattern.

    http://www.freepatterns.com/list.htm...275&cat_id=439

  5. #5
    Super Member mamaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,955
    Perfect for a Turning Twenty!!!

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,719
    The warm wishes would be nice to showcase that fabric.

  7. #7
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    15,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    www.quilterscache.com has a pieced wreath I believe. hst's and squares.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,638
    Just wondering what those snowmen are in your avatar? They are adorable!

  9. #9
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Just wondering what those snowmen are in your avatar? They are adorable!
    marsye they are popcorn covers.

  10. #10
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    Thank you all so much, I knew I could get some good ideas here.

    I think I like the one rndelling posted, I have the green for the trees already too.

    Thanks again everyone!!

  11. #11
    thismomquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    here! :)
    Posts
    1,491
    turning twenty is what I'd do.

  12. #12
    Junior Member rndelling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Thank you all so much, I knew I could get some good ideas here.

    I think I like the one rndelling posted, I have the green for the trees already too.

    Thanks again everyone!!
    I had alot of Christmas fat quarters and loved that pattern. I have it all pieced. Just have to applique the trees and add the borders. I am making mine large enough for a twin bed.

  13. #13
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    I used 22 FQ to make a Indian Hatchet Quilt'
    Here is the link if you want to see how to make this


    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23514-1.htm

  14. #14
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I used 22 FQ to make a Indian Hatchet Quilt'
    Here is the link if you want to see how to make this


    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23514-1.htm
    Verry pretty Ninnie! Thanks

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,638
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Just wondering what those snowmen are in your avatar? They are adorable!
    marsye they are popcorn covers.
    You mean like to cover a jar of popcorn?

  16. #16
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Just wondering what those snowmen are in your avatar? They are adorable!
    marsye they are popcorn covers.
    You mean like to cover a jar of popcorn?
    No, you print it on paper, glue the edges together and slip a pack of microwave popcorn in. Then get a pair of gloves, stuff one inside the other and slip over the head and tie the fingers together. Then tie a sash.

    If you PM me your email addy, I'll send it to you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.