Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need ideas >

need ideas

need ideas

Old 06-30-2010, 06:01 PM

i would like to make my dad a quilt he is going to celebrate 50 years as a pastor so i need some ideas on what kind of a quilt to make for him .i was thinking about taking some pics of his old bibles and doing some iron on pics.pluse a cross or two and prouble other stuff from the bible
pleas help if you know of any patterns for a pastor please let me know
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM

What a wonderful idea! Can you look for some of the "logos" for various groups in the church that he has been involved with? Also, many churches have banners in the sanctuary that correlate with the various liturgical seasons....lent...advent...pentecost etc. There has to be patterns for these, because they are often made by sewers in the congregation. Good luck making such a wonderful and thoughtful gift for your Dad!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:39 PM

I used to have a book with patterns for 'Chrismon' ornaments. BTW Chrismon is designs that have to do with Christian symbols. Maybe if you did a search using the word Chrismon, you could find what you're looking for.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM

I've done two quilts w/blocks that have a Bible theme - such as Garden of Eden, Star of Bethlehem, Road to Damascus, etc. There are several books out there that have them, one is 'Bible Blocks' & the same author (I forget her name, but will look for it) wrote a 2nd book, 'More Bible Blocks'. Good instructions & illustrations.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Google Goddess

can you buy fabrics with sayings on them, do a search and see if you can find some online
Old 06-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Gal

I like the idea of images no matter how simple or detailed but I also like the idea of favourite quotes, prayers or blessings, if doing images I like the idea of a strong focal point image for the centre, say a cross or bible image, these are my personal thoughts only.

Gal