Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Input, Please? >

Need Input, Please?

Need Input, Please?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
Bridgette, I did the Eleanor Burns' dresden plate from one of her shows/books. A photo of mine is below; in it (which is only a top so far), I only had about 5 colors repeated in the plate, one of which I used for sashing. I was just playing around with some fabric I had given to me and wanted to try Eleanor's method. I would rather have had another row of blocks, but ran out of fabric. (The binding is the same as the sashing.)

There are so many ways to change the look ... you just have to audition and see what you like as far as the plate center circle, the sashing, corner blocks. If you can take a dk. blue background square and one of your plates to the fabric store, you could maybe see what's right for you there before you spend your money.
Oh Weezie, that's beautiful! Can't wait to finish mine! Thank you for the helpful tip and pic!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
I love your navy background. And your plate colors are so happy. Your grandmother would be proud!
Aw, thank you so much Anna. :) Yes, I love bright colours and the flowery, romantic ones. I made these plates from the Breath of Avignon charm packs and I should end up w/20 plates when I'm done.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I like the 1st one better than the other 2, the green one next. The 2nd one looks kind of washed out, the first one pops!
Me, too. It's coming along nicely. You were just cutting the other day!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I like the 1st one better than the other 2, the green one next. The 2nd one looks kind of washed out, the first one pops!
Me, too. It's coming along nicely. You were just cutting the other day!
Thanks Kitsie!!! *HUUUGS*!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM

dark blue first and then the green.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM

I love dresden plate, I have made two of them. I love the dark blue fabric. I would put the plates on a white background and use the blue as sashing and or a border. Your plates are beautiful. Hope you share pictures when it is complete.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by weezie
Bridgette, I did the Eleanor Burns' dresden plate from one of her shows/books. A photo of mine is below; in it (which is only a top so far), I only had about 5 colors repeated in the plate, one of which I used for sashing. I was just playing around with some fabric I had given to me and wanted to try Eleanor's method. I would rather have had another row of blocks, but ran out of fabric. (The binding is the same as the sashing.)

There are so many ways to change the look ... you just have to audition and see what you like as far as the plate center circle, the sashing, corner blocks. If you can take a dk. blue background square and one of your plates to the fabric store, you could maybe see what's right for you there before you spend your money.
WEEZIE! I love your quilt!!! Beautiful job!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I love dresden plate, I have made two of them. I love the dark blue fabric. I would put the plates on a white background and use the blue as sashing and or a border. Your plates are beautiful. Hope you share pictures when it is complete.
I love Dresden Plate quilts, too, they're always SO pretty! Thank you, Janet, for your input and the idea of the white w/the blue sashing, love that idea, too! Yes, I do plan to post pics when I'm finished, just hope everyone is kind and gentle w/their responses! :lol:
Old 06-09-2010, 03:00 PM

Bridgette, sorry ... am intruding on your post to say thanks to you and CoriAmD for compliments paid to my quilt top. (It looks better in reality - a little brighter; the blades on the plates' colors match the bitty flowers on the main fabric.)
Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM

I am sure your quilt will be beautiful..relax and enjoy the process.