Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a little help finding pattern >

Need a little help finding pattern

Need a little help finding pattern

Old 04-17-2017, 02:26 PM

I remembered this one from Moda Bakeshop. Maybe this would fit the bill. It is made with fat quarters but maybe layer cakes would work. It could just be the fabric that reads Bohemian to me tho. Especially with that border fabric

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2017/01/...und-quilt.html

Last edited by sydneybean; 04-17-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:15 PM

Thanks for leading us to that video Boston. That is a great quilt pattern for a quick and easy quilt. Sash, I also think that would look great with your fabric.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:01 PM

I was curious about what a "Bohemian Quilt" might be, so did a quick Google search. Of course, there are a few different versions. Just wondered if you have asked her what she means by "Bohemian", I would sure have to. Is it colors, pattern, design? Anyway, if it helps, I thought greenfairyquiltsblog.com had a pretty pattern and then frenchgeneral.com Haute-Bohemian pattern is great and completely different than greenfairy's. Your fabric is beautiful and I wish you the best with your special quilt.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:04 PM

I've made the Criss Cross pattern before and it is very easy, but I didn't care for the narrow strips. The Ten Pack by Laura Shifrin uses a wider strip and I like it better. Also extremely easy to make. https://laurieshifrindesigns.files.w...tterncover.jpg
Old 04-17-2017, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

Check out this simple beauty. It really lets the batiks shine.
https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail...37&cat_id=1430
Old 04-17-2017, 07:11 PM

check out moda bake shop and click on the layer cake or charm pack on the right hand column. You will find lots of choices!

www.modabakeshop.com
Old 04-17-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
I was curious about what a "Bohemian Quilt" might be, so did a quick Google search. Of course, there are a few different versions. Just wondered if you have asked her what she means by "Bohemian", I would sure have to. Is it colors, pattern, design? Anyway, if it helps, I thought greenfairyquiltsblog.com had a pretty pattern and then frenchgeneral.com Haute-Bohemian pattern is great and completely different than greenfairy's. Your fabric is beautiful and I wish you the best with your special quilt.
I would certainly ask what she means be "Bohemian". It's a pretty general term really and could mean a lot of things.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:49 PM

not sure of the difficulty level, but my choice for Bohemian would be Jenn Kingwell's Gypsy Wife pattern--think it would look spectacular with your precuts and maybe the long strips in white and black solids. Google the image to see what I mean. Because the blocks are different sizes, I think your precuts would work well. And with the white & black stripes, there should be no worry about not enough fabric.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:35 AM

I think crazy quilt patterns are a great idea. I made a few crazy quilt blocks using the 5 sided plastic template and it was really fun. I made them for my cousin as she had embroidery blocks she wanted to highlight and it worked out really well. I used repo 30's fabric. I think you would like to do this as it is really easy and forgiving on any mistakes. Good luck on whatever you chose to do.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 AM

I would suggest you go to the Riley Blake website and look at the free patterns. Just spent an hour looking and downloading and printing. The range is fantastic and I'll bet you'll find something that you like.