Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a little talking to... >

Need a little talking to...

Need a little talking to...

Old 07-15-2011, 03:51 AM

First, I have to say what a blessing it is to read all these posts about others who have had or are having family problems. In my head, I know that I am not the only one that has struggled through some real rough times with family, but when I am trying to figure out how to cope with some issue, my heart feels very much alone.

I, too, have just come through three years of intense family issues...and getting back into quilting again has been a real challenge. But I am finding those short times of working are very helpful. And I am talking to myself...reminding me that my mother's and siblings opinions of me do not define who I am. I remind myself that no "dark time of the soul" lasts forever...and someday, I will be better. It's helping. Of course, I also put on an old musical or two..and that always helps me get to quilting!! Now if I could just get organized from moving last yr!!!!!!;)

Hang in there...and thanks for starting this post...I am encouraged by all the responses!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:41 PM

thanks for your reply. I've been having this problem too. I started cleaning my sewing room, now I can't even find the cutting table or the machine, BUT I did find the closet FLOOR. Seems like I can spend my days off just wandering around the house. Have a good productive week
Old 07-25-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I have been experiencing a "slump" these last few weeks. After some awful "family stuff" i have not been able to get into quilting. My DH made my Beautiful sewing room and i need to get my ----back to making baby quilts for the local hospital. Any advise from my experts and friends. I have all the fabric i need and right now i have the time. I just need to clear my head and get back to what i love, but i am blocked. Today is the first day i have been actually looking at all the posts trying to get inspired. How do you move on and back to your old self????
Sorting scraps and remmanent pieces into plastic bags with only one color family to a bag. I iron mine too!
....and I always find something spectacular begging to be used in a project - even a mug rug!

I got out of my last "gloomy non-productive" by joining a swap - first Funky Cats, and laughed and laughed! and then Funky Farms - and laughed some more!!! and now I am working on SHOEDOGS for the Funky Dawgs! block swap! and am laughing some more!
They are so much fun!!!!! Jeannie