Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need new Janome machine >

Need new Janome machine

Need new Janome machine

Old 06-26-2020, 02:17 PM

Question Need new Janome machine

I have an 11,000 Janome machine that I dearly love. I knew that replacement parts were no longer available for it so, I have been babying it. Today it was sewing great and then it made a noise and the needle stayed in place. I went in to adjust the stitch and my stitch length is unavailable. The machine just sews in place. I also have a Janome 15,000 but I am very disappointed with it. It is bulky and heavy and it is awkward to change from sewing to embroidery mode. My 11,000 spoiled me. Does anyone know of a Janome that is newer but similar to the 11000? I love my Janome dealer and she is so handy. I have been quarantining myself due to my age and underlying health issues so I have been to my LQS in months. I'd love some input so I would know what to look for when I do venture out.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:23 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
I also have a Janome 15,000 but I am very disappointed with it. It is bulky and heavy and it is awkward to change from sewing to embroidery mode. My 11,000 spoiled me. Does anyone know of a Janome that is newer but similar to the 11000?
Weird - when I look online at Janome.com, they show the 11000 Special Edition as a current machine.

Janome 11000 Special Edition

Last edited by mkc; 06-26-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:03 PM

Call the dealer and see if they will bring you a machine to demo. It may be scheduled on a weekend or after shop hours. They may also be able to repair your machine.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:32 PM

I'm feeling your pain--my Elna (made by Janome) is in dire need for a "spa outting"--is over rotating and top thread getting hung up in bobbin area about every couple of times I end a stitching line. Stitches are fine so far, but I know that I need to get this dealt with soon!
Old 06-27-2020, 01:29 AM

Are you looking for a combination machine or just sewing? Janome has several new machines out that are either embroidery only or sewing only. Mkc is right, I also found the 11000 special edition too. The dealers may not have it in store, but can probably order it for you. It seems to me that your best bet is to contact your dealer and see what she/he may suggest.
Here's a link:

http://www.janome.com/machines/embroidery/mc11000/
Old 06-27-2020, 02:01 AM
Administrator

none of the new janome machines that include embroider have the embroidery arm built in like the 11000 does.
(don't ask me why. the separate units are just not as convenient. still ... much better than the way other brands do it.)

i would advise against buying a new 11000. what's the point if parts are not available?

if all you want it for is embroidery, check out the MC550E.
i've seen it in action at my dealer's showroom.
it appears to be su-weeet.

if you need both sewing and embroidery, i love my skyline S9.
it's my travel machine.
yes ... heavy ... but worth the effort.
the only drawback is the limited hoop size.

other than size and weight, do you have any other issues with the MC15000?
i wish i had one.
want to trade?

Last edited by patricej; 06-27-2020 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:28 AM

other than size and weight, do you have any other issues with the MC15000?
i wish i had one.
want to trade?
I hate the way I have to convert from sewing to embroidery. My sewing top isn't deep enough to add the attached bar needed to embroider. I also have a Juki that I bought as a back-up sewing machine. The 15000 Janome is identical to the Juki with the same bobbin winding (which I do not like), the same bobbin case and the same method of threading the machine which is awkward compared to my 11000. The hoops for the 15000 are much larger than the 11000 and I feel it is a waste of fabric. I really can't think of much that I do like about my 15000 and I now regret buying it. I have a feeling that the same manufacturer in Japan makes the Janome and the Juki. I'm sorry to hear the new 11000 SE has gone to a separate bar to embroider.