Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a new sewing/embroidery machine....advice please >

Need a new sewing/embroidery machine....advice please

Need a new sewing/embroidery machine....advice please

Old 11-23-2016, 02:00 PM

Default Need a new sewing/embroidery machine....advice please

My 10 year old Pfaff 2170 needs a new display and apparently the part is no longer available. I want to replace it with a machine that also has the dual feed system like Pfaffs. Any suggestions?
Old 11-23-2016, 02:18 PM

Pfaff Creative Sensation is my dream machine. Have local support which is very important to me.!!!
Old 11-23-2016, 02:24 PM

I should add that I need something that has a small footprint....and I only do smaller projects.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:38 PM

Pfaff has lots of machines in different price rages that should fit the bill. I have a Creative Sensation Pro and love it. I started with a basic Pfaff 6085. My daughter still has that machine. Then I upgraded to a Paff 7550 and then on to a 2144 and now the CSPro. I love my Pfaff. I have heard the 4.5 is a really good machine. Talk to a dealer about it and also go on line to www.pfaffusa.com and take a look at the machines. There are some amazing features out there.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:29 AM

There are many machines out there that have the dual feed...are you wanting to stay with the Pfaff brand? I have an older Pfaff that is a great machine, but I bought a Janome 6600 five years ago that is my workhorse.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:44 AM

I was a Pfaffie for many years then switched to Babylock machines and never looked back. The Babylocks are very user friendly and not the least bit temperamental. Just MHO.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:20 AM

I'll do some research..lthanks for your suggestions
Old 11-25-2016, 08:36 AM

I agree with sewvicki the Babylock is for me! My others were Brothers and a singer. The brothers were good machines, but the Singer was a piece of junk. I traded them all in for the Babylock Journey. Awesome machine! Pricey, but worth every penny. It has an extra wide throat for quilting, does beautiful embroidery and sews through thick seams like butter! I could go on and on, but don't want to bore you because I am totally enamored.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:40 AM

Does it have the built in dual feed like her Pfaff does?

Originally Posted by salederer View Post
I agree with sewvicki the Babylock is for me! My others were Brothers and a singer. The brothers were good machines, but the Singer was a piece of junk. I traded them all in for the Babylock Journey. Awesome machine! Pricey, but worth every penny. It has an extra wide throat for quilting, does beautiful embroidery and sews through thick seams like butter! I could go on and on, but don't want to bore you because I am totally enamored.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:49 AM

My Pfaff 2170 was my very first embroidery machine and I still have it. I worked it to death!! About 4 years ago it had a good cleaning and several parts replaced but I grew out of it as far as size of hoops needed for bigger projects. I still love that Pfaff and is great to take to a sewing class but I moved up to a Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe embroidery machine in 2011, then traded it to the Viking Designer Diamond Royale, which I just traded this past August for the Viking Designer Epic, a totally awesome machine. However, I am still quite the Pfaff fan. I have the Pfaff Performance 5.0 that I absolutely love, and yes, nothing beats the IDT. Other makes have tried to copy it but I am hearing to not much success. If I were you I would visit your Pfaff dealer and get a complete showing of all the Pfaff embroidery models, for the choices are really out there in size and pricing. They all have the Pfaff infamous IDT, all the way down to the baby Pfaff Passport. AND, I hear that Pfaff will come out with a new big embroidery machine equivalent to the Epic in the near future.