Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a pattern idea for strips/rows of dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty quilter
    How about a "Triple Rail Fence"? You can choose two coordinating solids and whip it up pretty fast.
    What size strips would you suggest I use? I currently have the above strips cut into 4.5" widths so I don't lose too much of any dinosaur.

Thanks,
    if you cut the other patches 3" for 2 1/2 finished, your quilt might look like this. the blocks are 10" each and the quilt would be approx 40ish by 50ish
    Again, thank you SO very much for your wonderful, spot on idea and graphic for my grandson's quilt. I probably couldn't have done it without your help. :thumbup:

Here's what I finally came up with last night and am happy with. :D

First two rows of dinosaur quilt
    Name:  Attachment-222834.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  50.6 KB

Very nice! I like it! Are yellow and blue his favorite colors?

Thank you MTS :D

Quote Originally Posted by Roxb41
    Very nice! I like it! Are yellow and blue his favorite colors?
    Yes. Thank you. :D Here's an progress pic. At this size, it is only 36" x 45". I need to add one row all around so it would be bigger than his little brother's quilt. :lol: I found another two FQ's that are goldish/yellow that will work just fine. :thumbup:

Another row all around to go plus a border, then I'll have it!
    Name:  Attachment-224234.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  54.1 KB

That looks fantastic.

MM

Your quilt's looking great.

I used that same fabric to make a pillowcase for my 4 year old dino-loving DGS. Had to remember to get more fabric than usual, so the dinos could be marching across the pillowcase and not be on their tails or noses :).

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Your quilt's looking great.

I used that same fabric to make a pillowcase for my 4 year old dino-loving DGS. Had to remember to get more fabric than usual, so the dinos could be marching across the pillowcase and not be on their tails or noses :).
    Thanks. In this case, I do have horizontal and vertical dinos. Oh well. Think I've got enough left for a little throw pillow or pillow case. :thumbup:

MM

But with this quilt, the vertical dinos look fine because they're following a pattern, and it will be fun for him to follow them "up the steps", so to speak. With just a pillowcase, I wanted them to be going across so the names could be read from left to right (that 4 year old pre-reading preparation)...and you've certainly got plenty of them doing that :). I only made a pillowcase because I'd just finished a dino quilt out of another fabric and thought a second one so soon would be overkill. However, with these dino-loving boys, I'm beginning to think there's no such thing as too much or too many dino-related items. Know your guy will love his quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    But with this quilt, the vertical dinos look fine because they're following a pattern, and it will be fun for him to follow them "up the steps", so to speak. With just a pillowcase, I wanted them to be going across so the names could be read from left to right (that 4 year old pre-reading preparation)...and you've certainly got plenty of them doing that :). I only made a pillowcase because I'd just finished a dino quilt out of another fabric and thought a second one so soon would be overkill. However, with these dino-loving boys, I'm beginning to think there's no such thing as too much or too many dino-related items. Know your guy will love his quilt.
    I think you're absolutely right on all counts. :thumbup: I can tell you from my own son's love of dinosaurs that began over 30 years ago, it usually isn't a passing fancy. LOL I'm pretty sure this quilt will be something he'll love for a while. :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2