Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need quilting ideas

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow. So striking. I am in the process of collecting fabric in blue and whites to make a snowflake quilt. I hope it turns out as striking!

Blog Entries
    How beautiful, while I can't offer any advice on how to quilt them I certainly understand Why you want the best to highlight their beauty. I think I would pm Chrisma (I hope that's correct), everything I've seen of her has been magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110 View Post
    How abour echo quilting each snowflake, then a snowflake design in the negative space created when 4 blocks are sewn together? They are gorgeous....
    This gets my vote!! Beautiful snowflakes!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Maybe echo? I'm not qualified. Photos, please and thank you when you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    How about a red metallic?? Or even a red with a lot of sheen to it (poly or rayon).
    If you want a red metallic, Superior Threads has a red # 62 or for even more sparkle their Glitter threads have more bling! Glitter # 130 Ruby, would be my choice.

I really like the idea of doing a snowflake where the blocks come together then some sort of heavy quilting I really like mctavishing to make the applique blocks pop and the quilted snowflakes stand out.

I have to tell you while I am not much for applique, I cannot believe that you completed an entire quilt of snowflakes. I am so impressed and can hardly wait to see the finished product. The final result should be gorgeous.

Gorgeous blocks! Would love to get that pattern and try it. Would you please give us the particulars? Thank you!
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

Just gorgeous! I think the quilted rays would look pretty. Or you could always stipple...
    Rilène

I can not help with your quilting question but I want to say the blocks are amazing

Wow! Can't wait to see pics when it's finished - any quilting you do will only accent the beautiful work you've done here.

Blog Entries
    Wow! It's already been said that is going to be a gorgeous quilt! The blocks are stunning! How long did it take to hand appliqué the flakes? Well worth it, no matter how long!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

These are beautiful.

How Beautiful! The snowflakes stand out so well in contrast, I would do something simple so as not to distract. Maybe even a traditional diagonal grid.

Blog Entries
    WOW! THIS IS STUNNING,FOR SURE..! No matter what you decide to do, I know it will be a show stopper!
    Be sure to post pics !

Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLady View Post
    I am close to finishing my "dream quilt" - 20 appliqued white snowflakes on a solid red background. Each 18" square has one of 4 different style snowflakes appliqued on it. I need help deciding how I will machine quilt it. The original pattern shows each snowflake echo stiched and then "rays" radiating out from the snowflakes to the edge of each square. (Much like sun rays.) Each square is ditch-stitched around the perimeter and has a row of echo stitching inside the ditch too. While it's okay, the quiliting on the pattern pictures doesn't really do anything for me. There's not much room between the individual elements of each flake. But there is substantial space between the snowflakes and I want to make the best use of it to set off the snowflakes as much as possible. Any suggestions?
    Attachment 432051

Beautiful work. I'd not want much more detail, I'd think.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

What a beautiful quilt. Can you check some sites online to get some ideas? There are lots out there. Just Bing quilting designs and fillers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2