Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need reco for Janome machine needles >

Need reco for Janome machine needles

Need reco for Janome machine needles

Old 08-11-2015, 05:32 PM

My 6600 likes Smetz. never broke one.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Banned

Most all new machines come with Organ needles. Janome needles are actually Organ needles. I use Organ sharps in all (40+)of my machines that use a 15x1 needle. Buying them in bulk they cost much less than others. Both of my Janome embroidery machines needle threaders don't like Schmetz needles.

Cari
Old 08-11-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Both of my Janome embroidery machines needle threaders don't like Schmetz needles.

Cari
Interesting!! Here I thought it was my needle threader on my Janome 11000! Got so used to it not working that I haven't tried it since I went back to Organ needles. Have to check that out.
I bought a good supply of Organ needles on Amazon. Really like them. Price was so good I like changing the needle more often. Check it out.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:23 PM

My Janome 4000 is not fussy. She accepts Singers and Schmetz; don't think I've tried anything else.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:01 AM

I use to buy the Titanium coated needles from superior threads - turned the packet to read the back and found that organ manufacture them for superior threads. Now i buy organ needles in bulk.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:26 AM

If your machine is breaking needles I would check to see if there is another problem with the machine Also Titanium Needle might cause MORE damage to the machine if they break....they are extra, extra strong needles and can do damage to machines.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:52 AM

My Babylock Destiny likes all I've tried ,but I like Superior Titanium top stitch and Organ for everything else.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by imsewnso View Post
If your machine is breaking needles I would check to see if there is another problem with the machine Also Titanium Needle might cause MORE damage to the machine if they break....they are extra, extra strong needles and can do damage to machines.
I agree, I rarely break a needle, other than if I have the wrong sewing plate on, as far as brands are concerned I would only ever use Organ or Schmetz and I don't use Titanium as I am so picky on changing my needles OFTEN!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:42 AM

I use Klassen and Schmitt on my 8900. Usually don't have a problem.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:47 AM

Janome needles are ORGAN. If you breaking needles often, it is not the needle that is the problem. Either your machine timing is off, the needle is hitting the plate, or if you are fmq, you are moving your fabric before your needle is out of your fabric. If breaking needles happens often I would not purchase the titanium needles since they have a habit of splintering when they break. titanium needles do last longer and are stronger than other needles. Superior needles are Organ needles. I use microtex for batiks and 90/14 top stitch for piecing. There are bulk buy needle groups out there,but you have to purchase 100. Back to your breaking needles, be sure you are matching your needle to the type of thread you are using. Hopefully you are not sewing over pins. Best wishes.