Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a security camera

I could just cry or kick someone's butt. I ordered 17 yards of fabric, very specific yardage for a quilt, and I hadn't received it yet though it says it shipped on the 24th. I emailed the seller and they say it was delivered on the 27th.

I have had one package stolen off my porch and two other times the woman across the street saw kids messing with a box on my porch. One of them she caught them opening it, it was half opened.

She started getting my deliveries but I haven't heard from her so I don't suppose she picked up that one but I will check with her.

I am so angry!!!

Pam ~ hope the neighbor has your package :thumbup: I would be apt to have a talk with the parents of those kids. We live in the country, so don't usually have the problem you are experiencing, but when I am expecting a large or expensive package, I opt to have it delivered to DH at work or at my office. Would that be an option for you from now on :?: :?:

PQ

Pam,

What a shame. I hope your neighbor did retrieve the package for you. This may be an inconvenience for your future deliveries. But for UPS deliveries and probably FedEx also, you can have them hold it at their depot. You can then pick up the packages in person at the depot. You can even prearrange to pick them up on a Saturday. Not sure how close the depot is to you. Mine is about 7 miles away. I've used this feature, whenever I get packages requiring a signature. I live alone and my dog can't sign for them, yet. She's good at chasing away squirrels, rabbits, cats and woodchucks, though.

Terry

I'll talk to the neighbor tonight though I wouldn't think she has had it for a week without telling me.

I used to have a security camera hooked up to my PC but the cabling was inconvenient and I unhooked it. I had it running into my bedroom window on the second floor, the camera on the ledge outside my window covering the driveway and porch, and then the cord running into another bedroom where the PC is.

I will have to have things delivered to work.

That stinks! I hope your neighbor has the package.

Blog Entries
    Hope all goes well.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you!! I would be furious!! Especially since it sounds like it was young kids, what the heck are they gonna do with all the fabric??!!

Depending on how it is sent, you can add special instructions to places like UPS, FedEx asking them to not leave items at the door, but to require a signature. However, it is probably best to have it mailed to your work, if they don't mind. I have most of my stuff delivered to my work. I have never had any problems at home, but recently I did. I live in an apartment. Our building only has six units. Mostly elderly couples. We are the young ones, but we get along great with our neighbors, even though at first I think they assumed we would be noisy, and party but they quickly learned that we are not like that. Anyhow, we have one neighbor who is a royal pain in the a**!!!! He is always playing death metal in the middle of the night really loud!! Last week, I went out to the recycling container to dump some stuff in and it was pretty full so I noticed right away that there was mail on top. MY MAIL!!! I am assuming my mail got placed in the neighbor's mailbox by mistake and instead of coming to me and giving it to me, or leaving it on top of our box, he threw it away!!! What a jerk! I couldn't imagine any of the other neighbors doing that, only him!!

People these days!!

I imagine that if kids took it and saw what it was, probably worthless to them, that it could have been just dumped too.

That was so rude of your neighbor! Some people just don't care about anyone but themselves.

I was getting mail from Social Security that was one number off from my address. It looked like a check and I thought someone might really need that. Even though the houses next to me weren't that number either (they aren't sequential for some reason, there are gaps in the numbers) I went to my neighbors asking if it was theirs. It wasn't so I put it back in the mail with "not at this address" on it.

If I can't locate it I will order them again. I ordered two of the fabrics in the collection from another place that the other one didn't have and I have received them.

If UPS or Fed EX delivered the packages and left them with out you
    signing for them. You can have the company you ordered from file
    a claim. They can reship at no charge.

Oh my gosh that is awful!!.....Can you have the package delivered to your work??? or live it at PO......and pick up there?......I hope you find a better soultion......Maybe the UPS can deliver later or have it signed for.......good luck

I can get it replaced at no charge? I didn't know that. I will contact them again after I verify whether my neighbor got it or not.

Blog Entries
    Yes you should be able to get it replaced for free. call the company and tell them you DO NOT have the package, they need to do a driver follow up and then the company that you ordered from "should " replace at no charge to you. If they don't I wouldn not do business with them again. Also how did you pay for this order ? If it was with a credit/ debit card contact the bank and tell them you did not receive the product. they will also help you if the company you ordered from doesn't help you. The bank will contact the company and start a charge back , at no charge to you. But first give the company you ordered from a chance to fix this for you. Good Luck !
    Sharon

I paid with a credit card. I was thinking of that this morning about whether I have protection for loss or theft.

Pam

Sorry to hear of the possible thief of your package.

I know this is slightly different & I'm in the UK so not too sure whether these rules apply worldwide. I had a package at work go missing as it was left outside in our yard & hadn't been signed for. Of course I had no idea we hadn't received it until I got their sales invoice. It was at this point that I investigated the delivery. I informed the carrier (UPS) that I was the only person in the office & I certainly hadn't signed for it as it was delivered before I started work.
    It then materialised that their driver had dumped it in our yard & had scribbled a signature of a source to make it look as though we had recieved it. They didn't have a leg to stand on & the original order was re submitted & delivered directly to me in the office.
    So just make sure that you have every angle covered & if you have purchased it with the use of your Credit Card you should be covered by the insurance. Good Luck. Keep us informed.

Tisha

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Just "having" the camera (even if it works) doesn't guarantee anything, unfortunately. During Christmas last year, we saw a few recordings on the news from people in the Bay Area who had packages stolen from their porch. One woman stopped the car, ran up to the porch, took the package, stowed it in the car and drove off.

I don't get that mentality. My mom taught me that if it isn't mine to take then I leave it alone.

How disappointing for you.

I saw those films too. The car circled the block a couple times before stopping and the woman grabbed the package. I guess people like that were driving around to find holiday packages that were being delivered.

I tend to think it is the kids in the neighborhood. I live in a small circle and there are few houses with kids and I would hate to think it is one of them that I actually know. There are kids from other streets who play with the ones next door quite a lot though.

I need to talk to them, and their kids, about who might be doing it.

Sure hope you get that resolved! I certainly would consider the option of having stuff delivered at work, if possible! :?

I must apologize to the powers that be for my anger and misplaced accusations. I went across the street to talk to the neighbor who has sometimes picked up my packages and she did have it.

It was right by her front door on the inside and she said it was just delivered today.

Thank goodness!

Glad you have a watchful neighbor and the package was at her home.

Sew glad it was there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh my! I would be so furious, I'd probably self combust! That's a lot of waiting, hoping, anticipating...more waiting, lot of money...and then to have them say it was delivered...heart attack almost.
    I sure hope the company resolves this, and you get the satisfaction you deserve. That poor fabric...abandoned. Was going to a lovely person, that would have made it more beautiful, and then pretty good chance, hoodlums got it, and dumped it. :twisted:
    Please let us know how it goes. I hope nobody else goes thru this, but the info would help, if they do. hug4u, pam.

Blog Entries
    Glad it was found safe and sound. :lol: But remember the advice just in case another box comes up missing. The sender and delivery company are responsible to make sure YOU get it. If you don't you do not have to pay for it. :twisted:
    Sharon

Ok now that all of this has been resolved, lets see the fabric!!!

Yeah!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast