Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need a security camera

So happy all worked out well. Can't wait to see the fabric.

It's the Coverlet II collection for a patriotic quilt.

Attached Images Attached Images

Oh it is beautiful!!! Lovely choices! I'd be so upset if I had that package missing as well! Glad your neighbor had it!

Glad you found you fabric, it is beautiful.

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad it all worked out in the end! Pretty fabric! What pattern will you use?

I'm doing my own design. I got 17 yards of fabric so I should have enough to do another small quilt.

Attached Images Attached Images

wow beautiful!!!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Oh Pam - just caught up with this thread and been on a roller coaster of emotion!!!

BUT alls well that ends well! And that quilt is going to be fantastic - when I see your work, I think it can't get any better but everything you do just gets more and more fabulous! How do you do it? :D :D :D

K x

PS If you're worried about future fabric orders, just have em delivered to me, I'll look after them really well for you, promise! :wink:

I remember people having a wood or metal box on their porch for packages. All the mailman had to do was close it and it was locked. My mailman leaves packages on my front porch just an overhang for protection. There is a closed porch on the side. You should see the ones they cram in the rural box. :roll: :roll: :wink: So glad you got your fabric, I love it :D

Blog Entries
    So glad it was delivered safely Pam. All I can say is WOW....that quilt is gonna be another beauty from you!!! I LOVE that fabric you chose for it!

Whats happening with your Dahlia? I saw it peeking out from under another one the other day, but...did I miss the finish?? :lol:

No wonder you were upset the fabric is beautiful. Thank goodness for your neighbor. I used to have stuff delivered to me at work, when I was still working. Sometimes they still take out there, so hubby brings it home. Being in a fairly small town all the UPS drivers know who we are because we were in business for so long they know if no one is at the shop to try the house.
    I'm so glad you got your order after all. :D :D

K... if I have them delivered to you will they get returned to me eventually? You could just sew them together (in some fabulous way) and return as one big piece for your convenience. :D

That would have to be one big box on the porch to fit a delivery like 4 queen sized batts. :wink:

I did work on the Dahlia last week. I got more of the small flowers sewn on and more of the vine done. Still wondering what I'm going to do for a border on it. I have to take it off the bed this week as my daugher, SIL, and 3 kids will be here on Friday.

About this design... do you think the teddy bear is too "cutesy"? I saw some really nice house blocks, like mansions, that I liked but then I would probably have to revise the small houses. Or make them look more definitively like schools, or maybe churches.

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam

Is that by Mary Koval at Blanc Designs?

Quote Originally Posted by collettakay

Is that by Mary Koval at Blanc Designs?
    It's by Windham fabrics... taken from individual pattern motifs of hand-woven coverlets in the collection of The National Museum of the American Coverlet. The pattern motifs chosen for THE COVERLET COLLECTION II were taken from coverlets (bedcovers) woven in approximately 1830 to 1850.

http://www.coverletmuseum.org/printedcotton.htm

I got it at Whittle's fabrics online for $3.50 per yard. This entire order was $52.50 plus shipping. I realized that I didn't get 2 yards of one of the fabrics I ordered because they were out of it. When I notified Whittle's that the delivery was found they emailed back "Whew!" and that they had started pulling the fabrics to try and re-create my order but some of them they didn't have enough of.

I'm so glad you got this resolved and the fabric is breathtaking.. usually I go for very bright colors, but I'm thinking I have to reconsider....at least on occasion.. and...............thanks to you.....now I have a book I have to find....
    :x

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy
    I'm so glad you got this resolved and the fabric is breathtaking.. usually I go for very bright colors, but I'm thinking I have to reconsider....at least on occasion.. and...............thanks to you.....now I have a book I have to find....
    :x
    What book would that be? And I am soooooo sorry! :P

Pam,

So glad the fabric mystery has been solved. I can't wait to see it all sewn up into your design. Depending on who the quilt is being made for, the Teddy Bear in the center could be just fine. For a young boy or girl, it's perfect. For most guys, maybe a bit childish. But for me, it would be perfect, since my nickname is Terry Bear.

Terry

Beautiful fabric. So glad you found it.

Terry Bear, it's not being made for anyone specifically, at least not yet, I just wanted to do a red, white and blue one. If I gave it to my son rather than another one I was planning on he might not appreciate the bear. I'll be thinking about it and looking around for something that grabs me. I looked at some eagle blocks but they didn't really appeal to me.

My oldest daughter loves patriotic things. She even has a tattoo of a motif in the center with US flags as swags on the sides all the way across her lower back and is thinking about extending it around her sides. She doesn't like the old looking beige though, she likes bright white.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    K... if I have them delivered to you will they get returned to me eventually?
    Of COURSE, Pam, you can trust me! :wink: :D

K x

PS I like the teddy bear and it fits with the patriotic theme, afterall he was named for Roosevelt, wasn't he? :D

Blog Entries
    I could just cry or kick someone's butt. I ordered 17 yards of fabric, very specific yardage for a quilt, and I hadn't received it yet though it says it shipped on the 24th. I emailed the seller and they say it was delivered on the 27th.

I have had one package stolen off my porch and two other times the woman across the street saw kids messing with a box on my porch. One of them she caught them opening it, it was half opened.

She started getting my deliveries but I haven't heard from her so I don't suppose she picked up that one but I will check with her.

I am so angry!!!
    Was it UPS or PO? When that happened to me, I called the co that sent it, told them I never received the pkg, and also called the co that said they left it on my front porch. The co that sent the product (as I remember, it was a clock, not fabric) sent a new product. It SHOULD have had the automatic $100 insurance that goes with either USPS or UPS.

Blog Entries
    About this design... do you think the teddy bear is too "cutesy"? I saw some really nice house blocks, like mansions, that I liked but then I would probably have to revise the small houses. Or make them look more definitively like schools, or maybe churches.
    [/quote]

How about crossed flags? Or another star? Or the Betsy Ross Flag?

It was sent USPS, flat rate box.

I did get it eventually but now I know that it's just not my loss if I don't receive something.

I'm a little concerned about the Go! Cutter that will soon be delivered. I haven't received the email they said would be sent when it is shipped yet. I am probably taking Friday off work and it would be a good thing if it gets delivered then.

I am so glad that you got your package!!!! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!! The fabrics you chose are beautiful!!!

Ooh Pam

What a relief I bet your pleased as punch to get your package.

Look forward to seeing your quilt finished.

Tisha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast