Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need software and lettering program for my Flourish machine. >

Need software and lettering program for my Flourish machine.

Need software and lettering program for my Flourish machine.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:07 AM

Default Need software and lettering program for my Flourish machine.

I have just bought a Baby Lock Flourish machine. I am looking for a software program so I can be able to use my purchased designs and add lettering to it. Will also be using it to write out quilt labels si I need something that has a good font or lettering part. Thanks so much.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Banned

There are many embroidery machine softwares out there, ranging from free to several thousand dollars. if you have a Mac computer then Embrilliance is the only software that runs native on a Mac. Embird is another inexpensive one. Wings My Editor is a free one that seems to be getting more popular. Every major machine brand has their own software, though it's usually expensive. Wilcom Truesizer is free but has limited functions. Wilcom also has more expensive versions. John Deere's Hatch is very good but expensive. These are just the first ones that come to mind.

Cari
Old 01-23-2017, 08:58 AM

If you want to use it primarily for making labels, I would suggest Embrilliance. (Even though I have a Viking and use their 5D program primarily.) There is a website Designs by JuJu which has a lot of fonts - and they have a free download for Embrilliance so that you can use your keyboard to write out the fonts instead of doing it letter by letter. I love the Embroidery Library for their designs but the Embriliance system is very nice, so now I have both. Also, you can add to it as you go along.
At the Road to CA show the Babylock/Brother dealer was selling the Floriani program - it was almost $2,000.00 but it did a lot.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:34 PM
Banned

Just to let you know, the free version of Embrilliance is for BX fonts only.

Cari
Old 01-23-2017, 06:57 PM

Embrilliance by far
Old 01-23-2017, 10:36 PM
Gay

I've tested the Hatch program, and found it great for creating ( digitising) beautiful fonts. You can also make your own embroidery designs. Also It is not as expensive as other 'better' quality programs. Not sure if it's still available for about $8 or 900, but better than 3 or 4000. It would be helpful if someone can show you how to use it, as in my area there's no-one to teach, and costs an arm and a leg to get tuition in the city. Wilcom website do have some videos for it. True-Sizer only re-sizes designs, I think.