Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Some Insight >

Need Some Insight

Need Some Insight

Old 03-26-2010, 03:47 PM

What you did for them was worth far more than the words they can give back to you. Hug yourself for a job well done! It's wonderful enough that their child is alive to enjoy your gift. You did good!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM

You will receive other blessings such as knowing you did what you could to help a suffering child. I'm sure that they are overwhelmed with worry and it's probably just an oversight rather than a snub. I would just put it behind me, forget and forgive. One of the men I worked with lost a young son to cancer many years ago. Everyone at work did all kinds of things for him and his family and never received any thank yous. He was so overcome with anger and grief that he just couldn't bring himself to mention anything about his son. I can't even imagine what he went through and pray that I never have to.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:14 PM

First, Pepita, I am so sorry for what you and your son are going through.

As for the original post, I've been there too- I made a quilt for a girl with leukemia and gave it to someone to give to her. She and her mother post regularly on the Caring Bridge website (for people in the hospital to give updates) but I've never seen a word or heard anything about the quilt. It bothered me at first but when I realized this girl is literally fighting for her life it didn't seem like such a big deal.

We would all like acknowledgments, that's true. And we don't do this just for someone to rave and gush and all that. Heck, it embarrasses me when I get a normal thank-you, much less something like that. So I would say you're not being heartless, just a human with a heart, and a good one at that.