Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Suggestions for Asian Inspired Quilt Designs and Patterns >

Need Suggestions for Asian Inspired Quilt Designs and Patterns

Need Suggestions for Asian Inspired Quilt Designs and Patterns

Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 PM

I suggest the pattern "Moon Glow" version 1 from the pattern book called "Moon Dance" written by Cary Flannagan. I purchased it from www.quiltwoman.com. I posted a picture of one a couple of years ago. "Blue and white toile" is the thread title.

Sidelights by Mountain Peak is easy.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:44 PM

Has anyone suggested the kimono patterns? That would be fairly easy.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:55 PM

June Colburn has some interesting Asian inspired quilts. I've made a couple of them and they are really fun. She also has a nice pattern for a purse.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:52 PM

"Chinese magic quilt" from ebay is a quilt kit that I bought and quilted, with MSQC quilting with gold thread an, asian motif in the middle of each square and the surrounding triangles, I then used the pattern with some asian fabric I had more recently purchased,I also sent the 2nd quilt into MSQC and they did another beautiful job
with all over quilting instead of in the separate blocks, still beautiful but prefer the motifs in the blocks.I may try another one if they will still do a special request. The first one with the perfect quilting was and is my favorite quilt ever. I gave it to a dear male friend for years of friendship , concern and both physical and moral support, he deserved my best. Shortly after giving him the quit he started feeling unwell, finally getting a cancer diagnosis. He cuddled in that quilt giving him much comfort in hours of need. I felt so blessed to have been a small part of his comfort. ANYWAY, back to the quilt, EBAY has one kit left to purchase or they will probably just sell you the pattern, if I was done with mine you could have it OR borrow it for a while. PM me if you are interested.I think doing the kit first helped me in doing it on my own. Long story for a favorite quilt
Old 12-12-2013, 03:57 AM

Someone mentioned the kimono quilts.... Here's one I finished about a month ago. The blocks are paper piecing so it wouldn't take too long to make one up. The pattern was for a wall hanging with 9 blocks. I wanted a full quilt so I made more. Gus had to get in the picture, too.
Attached Thumbnails kimono-gus.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 AM

I would buy a pretty asian print and make a one block wonder. They come out beautiful and are fairly easy to make. You would only have to find one pretty fabric and a border. Good luck getting this finished quickly.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:18 AM

Gorgeous quilt!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
This one created by Feline Fanatic is my favorite Asian print quilt.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t207883.html
Gorgeous! I love the circles!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Someone mentioned the kimono quilts.... Here's one I finished about a month ago. The blocks are paper piecing so it wouldn't take too long to make one up. The pattern was for a wall hanging with 9 blocks. I wanted a full quilt so I made more. Gus had to get in the picture, too.
OK, I don't know what I want more...the quilt...or Gus. He's adorable!
Old 12-12-2013, 06:57 AM

Wow...so many great suggestions! Thanks everyone! I've ordered my fabric and I'm going to wait to pick out the pattern until after the fabric arrives. I think that the colors and prints will guide me to a final pattern choice. I've got to finish it fast...and THEN there's Christmas to get through too...augh!!! I WILL get this done on time!
~ Cindy