Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need suggestions for quilting this >

need suggestions for quilting this

need suggestions for quilting this

Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 AM

Boy I need practice with this mouse quilting thingie....
I think the top pattern is called a pumpkin seed?
The bottom one simplifies a curvy-curly pattern. Please don't laugh at my attempts with mouse finesse...its obvious I don't have any...
Attached Thumbnails misoop-4.jpg  

Last edited by Baloonatic; 01-29-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:17 AM

The top one of Balloonatic's post is what I was trying to describe. I didn't know the name of the pattern.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic View Post
Boy I need practice with this mouse quilting thingie....
I think the top pattern is called a pumpkin seed?
The bottom one simplifies a curvy-curly pattern. Please don't laugh at my attempts with mouse finesse...its obvious I don't have any...
I really like your top illustration. Just wondering if this could be done without stopping all the way across a row? I've tried to visualize and can't see it. BTW, I admire your drawing with a mouse.....I couldn't do it, IF I knew how. I think I just figured out a way, if I make one curve all the way across the top or bottom, then start on the rest of the curves in motion without any stops.

Last edited by misoop; 01-29-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-29-2014, 11:57 AM

I did a similar quilt where the triangles were 10 in high, as I don't have a LA (jwalousy is a terrible affliction sigh) I stitched vertical lines which were intentionaly slightly wonky about an inch apart. I love you colours x
Old 01-29-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by misoop View Post
I really like your top illustration. Just wondering if this could be done without stopping all the way across a row? I've tried to visualize and can't see it. BTW, I admire your drawing with a mouse.....I couldn't do it, IF I knew how. I think I just figured out a way, if I make one curve all the way across the top or bottom, then start on the rest of the curves in motion without any stops.
Yes, you can do the rows horizontally, like left to right on the upper side of the triangles and then right to left on the under side of them and then do the same thing diagonally. Sorry, I'm not Balloonatic but that's how I'd do it.

Last edited by Selena; 01-29-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
I did a similar quilt where the triangles were 10 in high, as I don't have a LA (jwalousy is a terrible affliction sigh) I stitched vertical lines which were intentionaly slightly wonky about an inch apart. I love you colours x
Thank you. My granddaughter picked these fabrics out for her baby quilt that I'm making. The backing is gray Cuddle Bubble (minkee type fabric.....same color as the gray/white polka dot fabric.)
Old 01-29-2014, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by misoop View Post
Yes Misoop, that is it exactly!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:00 AM

Hi I just did this quilt pattern for 3 Christmas quilts, I used the triple clam shell design board for my long arm, but if you don't have the board just get the pantograph, I turned the pattern upside down so it kinda looked like garland. I really liked the end result. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:58 AM

With the minky back you do not want a close pattern especially with the bubble fabric. It tends to flatten the bubbles.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:37 AM

I am beginning the alter ego quilt I recently viewed on Missouri Star Quilt and it has the triangles (hour glass block) and 4-square blocks. I am thinking about free-motioning hearts. One in each triangle and one in each block of the 4-square. The hearts will be right side up, up side down and sideways depending on whether in a triangle or block. Each triangle and each block will have a heart. Makes for a lot of hearts since there are 48 blocks and each block has 4 triangles or squares. Of course this reply comes from a new quilter and even newer free-motion person!!