Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Your Help Finding A Certain Magazine! :) >

Need Your Help Finding A Certain Magazine! :)

Need Your Help Finding A Certain Magazine! :)

Old 07-24-2011, 12:47 PM

Hi everyone, I need help finding a magazine I saw in Borders Friday, and is gone today.

My husband pointed to a quilt he liked in the magazine but I didn't buy it because it was one of the more expensive ones, like $12-15, and I could have SWORN I already had the magazine at home. Nope. So we trudged back into Borders today, and guess what. Gone. He never asks for quilts, so I really want to find the magazine.

Like I said, it is current, it's not one of the $4-6 mags with all the ads, it's more like a nice collection of patterns in a magazine form like the Perfect for Precuts mag (http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...&Item_ID=54395), in the magazine section, one of the more expensive ones. It has an improved nine patch pattern in the first several pages (somewhat like this one: http://www.quiltindex.org/fulldisplay.php?kid=4A-7F-8ED), and the one he liked was a brown quilt. I believe it had horizontal stripes.

Can anyone help me? I've trolled several magazine sites, but Ive had no luck. :( I wish I had bought it while I had it in my hands. I'd love any hints that might help me find it too. Such as links to sites that sell the "bonus" type mags, etc. I would probably know it if I saw it. Sigh. Lesson learned.

Thanks so much for any help :) This might be a toughie, but I know you gals and guys are pretty darn smart, and someone out there surely knows what mag I am talking about, lol!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Did you try Borders online?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
Did you try Borders online?
Hi Chele, Borders.com doesn't sell magazines :( I've tried the Fat Quarter Shop, allpeoplequilt.com, and quiltandsewshop.com.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM

You can try ebay, and amazon.com Sometimes they have brand new magazines listed. Good luck with your search.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:11 PM

Could it be QuiltMania?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Could it be QuiltMania?

Hhmmm, I don't think so, dakotamaid. :) Thanks for the looksee though!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

What was on the cover? That's the only way to find it by searching. I haven't found a special issue that will let you look inside online.

Quilt Festival is the only one other then the other countries magazines that sells for about $15. I'm going to Barns and Nobles Tuesday so if you find the name I'll be happy to look for you.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 AM

Bellaboo, thank you for offering to look for me, I sooo appreciate it. :) I looked at 30 mags that day, lol. I would probably only recognize the cover if I saw it. I would hate to hazard a guess. All I know is it was above the usual $6 mags. It didn't have the usual mag stuff like ads, editorial articles, etc. It was like a nice book of patterns in magazine form, and it had that modified/improved nine patch pattern near the front. I think that would probably knock out most of the mags on the stand and it shouldnt be too hard to pick out if it's in stock :) I would be EVER so grateful for you to take a looksee. Thank you so very much!!!!!! :) :) I have done nothing but pick my brain to remember anything else since yesterday evening. I even woke up and thunk about it at 4am...driving me nuts! Lol
Old 07-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Ok I'll look for it. I go to B&N once month to browse the quilt magazines. I don't recall seeing one like that last month so it must be a brand new issue. I'll take a pic of those that fit your description.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:34 AM

Do you have the Perfect for Precuts magazine? I am confused. I did buy a copy Sat from my Borders. There are several quilts on the content page with brown in them.

Is this it? http://www.homespunhearth.com/detail...MAG-SpQ-2011-1