Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
needing some new wheels on my Gammill Classic Plus >

needing some new wheels on my Gammill Classic Plus

needing some new wheels on my Gammill Classic Plus

Old 10-09-2016, 06:06 PM

Default needing some new wheels on my Gammill Classic Plus

Have to make the big investment of new wheels on my Gammill Classic Plus--since it's a hefty investment, I'd like your opinions--I can get them at a Gammill dealer where they would be the Gammill replacement wheels. I can get EZRider replacements, very similar to the Gammill brand wheels, for about the same price (and think they are very similar as Gammill changed their design similar to EZRiders??) but have also seen some called EZGliders--which are more expensive, but also look easier to install and has great reviews.

Any one have any of these? Would love your input. My Gammill is a 2006 Classic Plus so doesn't have the breeze rail system.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:49 AM

I had EZRiders put on my 2007 Classic Plus last year and I love them. They ride so smooth. I got them from my Gammill dealer but they are not the Gammill replacement wheels.
A friend put them on for me and said they were easy to install(but he's an engineer so that kind of stuff is easy for him).

I don't know of the EZGliders. I would go for the EZRiders.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:14 AM

I just researched as I wasn't absolutely sure which wheels were put on my machine. I did get them from my dealer at a quilt show a couple of years ago but they weren't put on the machine until last year.
Googling "EZRider quilt machine wheels" I only came across references to "Edgerider" wheels. The ones pictured are white my new wheels are black but I know they are not like the original Gammill wheels. These ride higher and are much smoother riding.
I just googled "EZGlider" wheels. Here's a link describing them: http://www.lovetoquilt.com/longarm_q...ill-wheels.htm

These are black but I don't think mine have the green in the middle of the wheel but otherwise they look the same.
Mine cost a little less than the price shown on the link.
So, I'm thinking I have the EZ-Glide wheels. They are working fine and ride much smoother than the original wheels.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:39 PM

thanks Selm--our not quite 2 and just turned 3yr old g-boys have been here since Tues night (wow--wish I had that much energy!) so haven't been able to touch a machine or even think about it--but think I'll go with the EZGlide wheels--my husband convinced me that sometimes spending a little more pays off!