Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
nees sewing machine info please >

nees sewing machine info please

nees sewing machine info please

Old 02-05-2011, 06:46 PM

My MIL sewed on an Elna machine for years and years and loved it a lot. My SIL now has it, and neither of them ever had any problems with it at all.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 PM

I have an Elna 6005 and no one better ever try to take it away from me. I also own a Brother and a Pfaff Quilter 4.0 and they do not hold a candle to my Elna. I would buy more of them if I could afford it.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
I'm in the market to buy a new sewing machine. Went to our local sewing center and I wand to get the Elna 3210 "I think was the #) but I've never heard of the brand before. }t would be brand new with a 25 yr. Warranty and he would service it for free for as long as he lives (his words not mine) he is also including many of the quilting feet in as a package. Cost would be about $400.00. So my question is, is this a good deal and is this a reliable machine?
Elna is a wonderful line of sewing machines! They were originally made in Switzerland, a beautifully well engineered to run like a watch, practically forever.
They sew straight almost by themselves..
To be honest, I must tell you that I think the company has been sold to...I think Husquvarna Viking, and really good machines are available at bargain prices. The 25 year guarentee, is believable because the machines are so well made.
I have two Elnas. I have a newish 6600 and a little old "Stella" that has had constant use, and has traveled with me half over the world!, been through two wrecks, lived on a sailboat, and has sewed a "million" miles of thread. I do not know if the 3210 is a bargain or not....You should be getting it about half the regular price.
I think it might be one of the Swiss made ones? Those are the best anyway.
Go to Elna on your google and check out the prices!
I wish you well! ....and don't hesitate to ask me for more
information. Jeannie
Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 PM

I have an Elna Super I received as a gift in 1972. I've had it in for cleaning once and she sews like a champ. Mine is metal and heavy, haven't seen any of the newer ones. My Janome is plastic and lighter, but I've only had it a bit over a year...it works well too. Make sure you get lessons on the machine and make sure whoever is getting the machine takes those lessons so you can utilize your machine to the fullest.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 PM

I have an Elna 7200 Quilter's Dream and it's been very reliable. I'm using it now to stitch down some raw-edge applique because my much more expensive Bernina 820 skips too many stitches on every fusible I've tried. I chose the Elna a few years ago because at the time it was one of the few domestic machines that had more throat space.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 PM

I've had my Elna Supermatic since l961 and it still runs smoothly.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM

I have an Elna that I paid 1200 for about twelve years ago. It is fine and works like new. It is my understanding that the quality is down since Janome bought them. Could just be gossip, don't know.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 PM

I would think if he is 70 and warrenty is only good as long as he is alive that could end today. :) car accident or anything. If your happy with the machine and not really worried about a warrenty, plus if you have checked for prices re: same machine then you should buy it.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:38 AM

I have an Elna, its 17 years old and it runs perfectly all the time. I loave that machine and I am sure the new ones would ber great. A lot of times they will even give lessons on daughters and even granddauthers from my dealer. Can't beat that.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 AM

I have had an Elna 3210 since 2005. I am not gentle with my sewing machine! I do my piecing with it and have started to do some free motion. I have had it serviced twice and had a bushing? replaced. I am extremely happy with it!