Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN >

NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN

NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN

Old 09-05-2011, 12:41 PM

I have been away from my machines for awhile trying to get my yard in order. That done, I'm back and wanted to do some hemming on some knits with my cover stitch. It's been awhile so I was a little unsure how to thread but with the trusty old book, I did it. Everything went well till i tried to pull the project out of the sewing area. You know the routine. Do everything over again. Finally got tired and went to bed. Ready to tackle it again today. I sat and looked at the machine knowing I had done everything I should when my eye happened to land on the right needle. Don't know why. I realized that the two needles were no at the same distance from the insertion point. Got out the ole screw driver, loosened the screw and the needle slid a scooch higher in the hole. Now all's perfect. I know this is long but better than using all those words I was thinking about in bed last night.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:23 PM

Hehe. I am glad that you figured it out. My Godfather years ago when I was a little girl used to say 'SON OF A SEA SERPENT'. Good thing you didn't say what you were thinking you may have scared your little furbaby whom by the way is just adorable. :) And welcome back to the QB. :)
Old 09-05-2011, 01:41 PM

I think everyone has those moments that seem to require creative vocabulary.
DH's strongest expression is "Dirty Dog!"
Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Hehe. I am glad that you figured it out. My Godfather years ago when I was a little girl used to say 'SON OF A SEA SERPENT'. Good thing you didn't say what you were thinking you may have scared your little furbaby whom by the way is just adorable. :) And welcome back to the QB. :)
Thank you. She's a 3 yr.old adopted Shi Tsu plus. I just adopted another year old male puppy. He's a Yorkie plus Mom's one nite stand. I named him Linus after the Linus quilts.

It's good to be back. I have four quilt tops ready to load on my frame. It's been so long, I'm going to have to put some practice pieces on first and refresh my FMQ. I'm a bit rusty.

By the way, whoever came up with the idea to wet the needle not the thread before threading, Thank You. It works so much better. Also at 83, I can still see clearly to thread the needle.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
I think everyone has those moments that seem to require creative vocabulary.
DH's strongest expression is "Dirty Dog!"
During WW2 I lived two miles from the Glenview Naval Air Base outside of Chicago[. Believe me, those sailors taught me some doozies.