Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Batiks from Connecting Threads

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous! Just perfect for making stained glass windows!

Blog Entries
    THEY ARE GORGEOUS. I MAY HAVE TO INDULGE JUST A LITTLE. BUT THIS AGAIN GOT ME THINKING ABOUT THE COST OF FABRIC. HOW IS IT THAT CONNECTING THREADS CAN GET BEAUTIFUL BATIKS FROM INDONESIA AND SELL THEM FOR LESS THEN $7.00 PER YARD, AND THE OTHER FABRIC MANUFACTURERS/DISTRIBUTERS HAVE TO CHARGE AN AVERAGE OF $11.00 AND UP? EVEN VERY CHEAP, FLIMSY FEELING BATIKS AT JOANNE'S ARE OVER $12.00 A YARD. JUST MAKES NO SENSE TO ME, AND STRENGTHENS MY INCLINATION THAT FABRIC AND OR COTTON PRICES, SORT OF LIKE GAS PRICES, ARE BEING ARTIFICALLY MANIPULATED UPWARDS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I saw them in an email but I quickly deleted it. They are so pretty but no buying for me.
    Me, too! Although I was tempted to check out the link on this thread and I did! But, I didn't buy. I sure do like the new batiks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kathome
    WOW!!! Check out the new Batik paradise collections from Connecting Threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.connectingthreads.com/Bat...ise_CD117.html
    Oh, I know!!!! I am trying to ignore them. I LOVE batiks and those are just beyond awesome. I am trying not to buy new for a while, but am weakening real fast. :roll:

You may be responsible for my credit debt escalating! ROFLOL! They certainly have some pretty ones. I ordered some out of the sale section and just got them a few days ago - nice! Thanks for sharing.

KR
    WOW!!! Check out the new Batik paradise collections from Connecting Threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered a bunch of FQs in the new batiks and am very pleased with the colors, patterns and quality of the fabrics.

I love how they look but, to me, Connecting Threads fabric is skimpy. When I try to use it next to quilt shop fabric, it doesn't even come close, so they can't be mixed in a quilt, at least in my opinion. I was using one of the CT fabrics last night and I also notice a lot of the wrinkles don't come out of them like quilt shop fabric. They just aren't anyone I would order from again. I much prefer Keepsake Quilting.

Beautiful!

Awesome

OMG!! I just checked it out! I definitely want some but I have to decide on a project first; thinking maybe some bag or something a little smaller so I can squeeze a "finished" project in between my other WIP'S. !!

Love the colors

Oh dear, I HAD to check them out . . . . now I see what you were so excited about!! Thanks for sharing . . . . I think!! My mind is already thinking about which ones I can use!!

Banned
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    OH YES - THEY ARE BEAUTIES. Actually I'm waiting on a delivery (today or tomorrow) of some of the "Waterway" charm pack - plan to do a sm. lap quilt for a friend, Linda, who is in the OK Cancer Center having treatments. Will just tie this one, as hand quilting will take longer than I'd like to be able to finish it for her.

(Prayers for her & her wonderful caregiver hubby would be appreciated)

Have a blessed day & may all your quilts be filled w/love.

I saw those and was going to place an order but Mozilla Firefox said their order site was not secure, so now I am debating.

Those are beautiful!! Very Tempting!! Am I weakening???

I would like to know how the quality of fabric is compared to Bali Batiks? Anyone have an opinion?

OMG The colors are wonderful BUT, I just put my last order from them in the wash this morning so NO MORE!

I've always been very satisfied with the fabric other than trying to match something with the colors in their catalog - print or on line. But the fabrics are great and their kits are very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna O
    I would like to know how the quality of fabric is compared to Bali Batiks? Anyone have an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1943
    OMG The colors are wonderful BUT, I just put my last order from them in the wash this morning so NO MORE!
    Did they fade or what happened?

I saw them from email too, and even tho I had put myself on a 'no buy diet' I succumbed to temptation when I looked at the clearance fabrics.

Ordered a couple of the clearance batiks and some of the other fabrics, enough to get free shipping. Today I went back and several of the fabrics that I ordered aren't available anymore, good thing I got them just in time! whew. I ordered 11 fabrics, 13 1/2 yds for $59.76, bringing it to $4.43yd. such a deal.

Now , back to NO buy diet.

I have mozilla firefox and did not get that 'not secure' notice.

I have ordered from them quite often with no problems.

If you are debating any of the clearance items, they may be not available any longer. I placed an order yesterday and today 4 of the fabrics are gone.

Blog Entries
    absolutely "yummy" I love batiks...... the color is so intense and pure

Wow is right. BEAUTIFUL :thumbup:

YUM

Blog Entries
    I am very pleased with CT fabric quality. I quit buying Hoffman batiks. Many of the colors run. Not worth my time and cost to rewash several times before using.

Firefox will alert you about every ordering site the first time you open that site. Once you open it, it won't alert you again. No ordering is completely secure online, catalog or phone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast