Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Brother Sewing Machine

One good thing is that it threads just like my Brother embroidery machine does, so i am a step ahead there. I like that the needle will stop down, and that it is self threading, ( my eyes aren't getting any younger).It also has a knee controller, I don't know how I will get along with that, have always had a foot pedal.If I sit down there now, i will be there this time next week and I will never get anything else done :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I am going to try to get up in the morning, cut a star square out, and sew! :-D

the odds are the the knee bar is for the presser foot, practice with it, it is great when you are chain piecing. You don't have to let go of your work to raise or lower the foot, just leave it down. the only thing with it is that i had to learn to drive with my left foot as I was uncordinated and couldn't do both withthe lame leg, I do have a machine with the knee controler and they are supper easy, you can be way more accurate than using a foot controller

I had brother for years and years and love it, my embroidery machines are still all brother. the shop ticked me off when i went to go get the present machine.

Blog Entries
    Ninnie,
    Your new machine looks wonderful!! :D Congratulations on getting such a lovely gift, from you DH!! I have a Brother embroidery machine & I just love it. I know you will get many many hours of pleasure using this beautiful machine!! ENJOY!!
    :D :D :D

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Nancy Zieman has an awesome workbook for learning how to use different presser feet :D I borrowed it from the library and had a lot of fun playing with it :D:D:D

Fancy Footworks, there is also a video available.
    I have seen it in the usual discounted sites :D:D:D
    Amma - would you know the name of that book as I need to know how to use the different presser feet. Alternatively if someone else could suggest a book or a website that too would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer a book though so then I can have it beside me while working...

what a wonderful DH you have, i wish you great joy from the machine, i still love opening my drawer up and just running my fingers over the various bits, childish i know but it brings me such joy.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
    what a wonderful DH you have, i wish you great joy from the machine, i still love opening my drawer up and just running my fingers over the various bits, childish i know but it brings me such joy.

I walk by and just rub it :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

it will have a worn spot in no time

There are feet there that most won't use, there is usually a button hole one, a cording one, a blind hemming foot, these are some that you may use, as well as a darning foot, a embroidery (a fmq) foot 1/4 IN foot, there are several that do the same but look different, like a plastic one and a metal one

I will lay them out, and you can go over them with me :-D
    I do know there is a quilting foot, and a walking foot, and feet for different stitches.

i am not sure about yours but when I select a certain stitch on one of mine, it tells me what foot to use, not that I do, and I use some feet for things other than what they are slated for, like the zipper foot I use for making the sew in cording, it works like a charm, but I use my regular foot for zippers usually.

This one tells you which foot to use also, thank goodness :lol: :lol:
    You know I am not very mechanically inclined.

I don't always listen to it, some i found better to use than others, at least for me, most of them the normal sewer won't ever do more than look at, like a lot of the decorative stitches, I look at them, and think that some are cool and then I go back to doing what I was doing, they are nice and a selling point in some machines,

Blog Entries
    I can't believe you still haven't played with it yet :shock: What brother embroidery machine do you have ? I just love my Brothers, I have the SE270D and the 6000I and a basic one :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    I can't believe you still haven't played with it yet :shock: What brother embroidery machine do you have ? I just love my Brothers, I have the SE270D and the 6000I and a basic one :wink:
    I have the PE750D, and I just love it! :-D :-D
    I am now the owner of 1 embroidery machine, and 2 sewing machines :shock: :shock: This board is such an enabler for me, and I do love it so!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I have a brother 650Q and I love it!!!! Happy Sewing

I can imaging how much fun you have still looking at your new machine. A few years ago my husband gave me a Brother NX400 and I love this machine stille every day! And my beloved husband too off course :)
    You have a very lovely husband and your new machine is great!

A quilter once told me that I needed to get the best machine I could afford. I could only afford the cheapest Brother - and I have to say that this machine has been fantastic. Someday I would like one like yours with more functionality,but I have found that a Brother is a great machine. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by renee765
    A quilter once told me that I needed to get the best machine I could afford. I could only afford the cheapest Brother - and I have to say that this machine has been fantastic. Someday I would like one like yours with more functionality,but I have found that a Brother is a great machine. Congratulations!

It has taken 12 years to get this one, but well worth the wait :-D
    When we were raising all of our "brood", (7), there wasn't money for any extras. Now that the youngest has finished her masters, I guess DH decided to splurge on me :shock: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    OK Its now Wednesday morning... back to work Young Lady we are waiting for GREAT things from you ! LOL Stop petting it and get playing with it :wink: :shock: :wink:

Nice machine.

I am so excited for you. What a thoughtful gift. Yes, get to work and show us what you can do with this machine.

Blog Entries
    tap.. tap... tap... waiting :roll: What seems to be the hold up here ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    tap.. tap... tap... waiting :roll: What seems to be the hold up here ? LOL
    I'm getting there, honest :roll: :roll: Am working on a IRR center, just have to finish cutting the pieces out :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I have taken the plastic off! :shock:

Blog Entries
    WOO HOO ! Plastic is off , we are making head way :lol: 8-) :lol:

How wonderful! What a great gift, and hubby, of course! Can't wait to see all the dancing you will be doing with your new machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    How wonderful! What a great gift, and hubby, of course! Can't wait to see all the dancing you will be doing with your new machine!
    Thanks Shemjo! I am excited! Will try it out tomorrow!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast