Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New embroidery sewing machines. >

New embroidery sewing machines.

New embroidery sewing machines.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Spring
I had a brother and you couldn't pay me to have another one in my house. Now I know several people who love theirs but mine was a real lemon.
So was my brother.....oopps wrong kinda brother.......haha
Old 10-17-2010, 06:36 PM

There's a decision you have to make based on the following:

If you buy an inexpensive machine and then find that you love to do lots of machine embroidery, you will wish you had bought a better quality machine, so you will not be happy.

If you buy an high quality machine (read 'expensive' ... and, FYI, expect to pay more for a name brand, such as Viking) and then find that you don't like doing machine embroidery ... you will not be happy.

You can buy great used machines, but, whether you choose used or new, you should buy only from a reputable dealer, if possible. I wouldn't reject an excellent opportunity to buy a good machine (such as the above mentioned Ellisimo), but I do think having a good sewing machine dealer/service/repair available to you is very important.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 AM

After owning a Husqvarna,Pfaff,Babylock and Brother I find I use the Brother the most as I have no issues with it. The Babylock is wonderful as well, but it is a dedicated machine and does not do everything. In future, I intend to buy dedicated machines so that I do not have issues with some functions not working. The Pfaff won't communicate with the computer and the only solution I am offered is to spend more money to update the software. I woud rather wait until I can buy another machine.