Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New fabric...Ideas? >

New fabric...Ideas?

New fabric...Ideas?

Old 06-21-2016, 09:03 AM

Holy Rainbow Batman! Whatever you do I want to see it when it's done. I would probably just cut a big rectangle and frame it. It's that beautiful and unique. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

WOW, I don't have any ideas for how to use it in a quilt, but it is totally awesome fabric, no wonder it grabbed at you and wanted to be taken home, it's gorgeous. What a find.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:34 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]552607[/ATTACH] I had a similar bright watercolor fabric that I loved and I used it to make this quilt. The pattern is Whispered Lace by Amy Ellis in her Book called Modern Neutrals.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 06-21-2016, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingBear View Post
Have to say that I prefer using fantastic fabrics like this one for the back... I know you want to showcase it but I believe the back should always be as beautiful as the front...
I started reading this thread and was thinking the same exact thing!
On the front I would do a pattern that has a woven affect. Quilters Cache has several that start with the word 'woven.'
Of course, this is from a couple of days ago so I'm going to keep reading and see if maybe the original poster has made a decision.

(You wouldn't believe the conversation my husband and I had whether that should be effect of affect!)
Old 06-22-2016, 08:55 AM

The fabric is absolutely gorgeous! There are a lot of great ideas here. I'll be waiting to see what you do with it.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
I started reading this thread and was thinking the same exact thing!
On the front I would do a pattern that has a woven affect. Quilters Cache has several that start with the word 'woven.'
Of course, this is from a couple of days ago so I'm going to keep reading and see if maybe the original poster has made a decision.

(You wouldn't believe the conversation my husband and I had whether that should be effect of affect!)
OK, you got me.. had to look it up again! Here's what I found. Affect is a verb meaning to impact. Effect is a noun meaning the result. "The Arrows Affected the Aardvark, the Effect was pretty Eye-popping!" Grammar Girl.

As for this awesome fabric, I'd keep it basically whole. Like cut a large rectangle or several very large squares and just use muted sashing and borders for a bed runner and matching shams. I'd start with a width of fabric by14 inches, cut into 14" squares then add sashing and borders. Or perhaps three or four rectangles about 20" long sashed together then add borders, depending on the size of you bed. If you have another favorite focus fabric (perhaps a large floral) make it the exact same way so when its done its reversible.