Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Fabric Moratorium >

New Fabric Moratorium

New Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-22-2012, 06:35 PM

I've done great! No fabric purchased at all! (But we won't talk about all the lampwork beads I've purchased this year.)
Old 01-22-2012, 06:39 PM

Good luck to everyone in resisting the urge the urge to not buy fabric. I have been able not to buy as instead I have bills to pay first and anything left over........hahaha I dont have anything left over. My quilting business is really starting to pick up and anything I make extra is going to save for a honeymoom as we have been married two years now and have not been able to afford a trip yet.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 PM

I am doing alright so far. 22 days out of 356. Not to bad!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:47 PM

So far so good here! I haven't bought anything new and have actually made a quilt from my stash that I should actually be quilting right now. I have a long way to go till the end of December, though, and people posting great sales here in not helping!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
i failed miserably....
Sew did I to be sure,
Old 01-23-2012, 09:43 AM

Not doing the moratorium, but with prices of everything rising, seems I have no money left over to buy fabric with and so have been using my stash. But, the minute I do, I'm going SHOPPING!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:48 AM

I was traveling and just had to visit fabric stores. So I consider my purchases a help to those independent stores bottom line and a wonderful increase in my stash!! how is that for rationalizing?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM

Cool fabric moratorium

No fabric purchased since August 13, 2011. Really!!!! Well, except for 6 yards of wide backs at 7.95 per yard - who could resist? and then my grandson asked for a Boston Bruins quilt and I didn't have the solid black/gold/white that I needed. Surely there is a grandson exception , isn't there?

Last edited by paulswalia; 01-23-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

so far i have done great with this challenge- not only have i resisted all sales- but i have managed to make a new- good sized scrappy-out of my stash quilt each month (so far) so, here is my march ---stash quilt- all scraps- really took some thinking at times
i still feel (overwhelmed) by my stash- it just doesn't seem to shrink---but i am finding it more & more difficult to find fairly large pieces---getting to the point where there are not many (yards) left- just pieces---the challenge continues---as soon as i get caught up on some quilting- i will be looking to see what i come up with for April . i will actually have 1 more done for march- making another flannel raggy that is almost to the point of clipping- maybe this next week- too cool! 2 scrappy stash quilts done in one month
ok- i will stop patting my own back & show you the pics---although i did post them on the main page-so some of you have probably already seen them....anyway---March stash quilt....
Attached Thumbnails april-14_970.jpg   april-14_967.jpg   april-14_969.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Very pretty quilt!

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
so far i have done great with this challenge- not only have i resisted all sales- but i have managed to make a new- good sized scrappy-out of my stash quilt each month (so far) so, here is my march ---stash quilt- all scraps- really took some thinking at times
i still feel (overwhelmed) by my stash- it just doesn't seem to shrink---but i am finding it more & more difficult to find fairly large pieces---getting to the point where there are not many (yards) left- just pieces---the challenge continues---as soon as i get caught up on some quilting- i will be looking to see what i come up with for April . i will actually have 1 more done for march- making another flannel raggy that is almost to the point of clipping- maybe this next week- too cool! 2 scrappy stash quilts done in one month
ok- i will stop patting my own back & show you the pics---although i did post them on the main page-so some of you have probably already seen them....anyway---March stash quilt....